help something is eating out my resources!

Hi,

I am just about to finish my first song with n-track. Only a few more vocals to add, but the CPU resources indicator on the bottom left of the screen is going through the roof…260%…350% !!

I have 16 tracks, 7 with them with VST plug ins but I have 2GB RAM and a 2 GHz processor. I think it should handle this with no problem…still I am experimenting heavy laps on the sound.

I have frozen most of the tracks and still I have 35-50% CPU resouces and clipping…

What can I swich on/off?

Thanks a lot

Javier

Try pressing Cont ALT Delete to open the Task Manager
Close anything not related to running music applications…
See if that helps…

Bill…

if you are wanting to record additional tracks just do a mix down than open a new file bring the mixdown into it and work off of that. once you get the vocal tracks done you can always bring them into the original file and do a master mix.
There could be other issues at play here, however until it is narrowed down you can keep working.

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Try mixing down before adding vocals so you have a song without vocals and one with vocals. Try turning off anti virus, removing any software you dont use,defrag registry and hard drive when youre at that stage.
I moved to a Tascam USB audio interface and the latency problems have all gone now.

I see you up here now…
I hope you this issue under control, now…
If you still have the issues, you might try to search fro a plug in that dragging your resources down…
I know you’ve frozen tracks and plug ins and all…
Maybe, render tracks that you’re satisfied with and open up a new timeline…
Re-import the rendered/renamed tracks
to see if that makes a difference…

You’ll find out what’s causing it… I know, you will…
I hope…

Bill