Hey Jason

Weather report

Whats goin on up there buddy? Are you snowed in? Your storm is bring’in ft of snow and cold to texas this weekend. Not nice man! Hope your ok up thata way! You to pop!

When’s this winter gonna get over, anyway ????

By the sound’s of things, we’re in for more weather next week…
unless it peeter’s out…

The temperature isn’t that cold, but the wind and humidity is keeping it brutal…

My furnace is just not shutt’n down… It cycles steady…
and it’s cutt’n into my studio construction resources…

Bill…

Quote: (woxnerw @ Mar. 27 2009, 10:11 AM)

When's this winter gonna get over, anyway ????

By the sound's of things, we're in for more weather next week..
unless it peeter's out..

The temperature isn't that cold, but the wind and humidity is keeping it brutal..

My furnace is just not shutt'n down.. It cycles steady..
and it's cutt'n into my studio construction resources..

Bill..

Ya I can only imagine what it must be like where your living. Sorry about all that!
Here in Dallas this is it! As soon as this stuff is over it will turn to summer, and get continuesly hot!

If I were there I’d have my tickets for the opening of the Cowboy’s Stadium and the George Strait Show on June 6th…

I hear those tickets sold out in two hours…
They ranged from 100.00-450.00 depending on where the seats are located…

I was gonna get my trucker friend to see if he could arrange a run over there for that weekend…

See what the scalpers have left…

Bill…

p.s. But wait till the backflies come out…

That should be a cool exeriance! When I moved here I didn’t know it, it turns out that I live 2 miles from the new stadium. Looks impressive. Back in 68 I saw Joe Cocker, Led Zeppelin, Savoy Brown, Jethro Tull, this list goes on. For about 8 or 9 bucks.

It was May 24th 2004
at the Texas Stadium…

Jimmy Buffett was there…
I got the CD…
Well…
Georgie and Allan was there too…
:laugh:
:p
They’re popular boys around there…

Bill…

Aaa so you know Dallas, amazing! I believe David Allen Coe lives around here somewhere. And your not Pop’s bass player? Whats up with that?

Funny you’d mention David Allen Coe. A friend, and long ago former band mate of mine, played bass with DAC a while back. Mickey Hayes. I haven’t seen him in years unfortunately. I’ve got some old tapes he’d probably not want to hear…of course here are a few clips that were resurrected a while back, from 1972 officially, but probably recorded in 1971. Don’t expect much, and don’t expect ANYTHING like DAC. Mickey was in a 1960’s band from San Fransisco, called The Giant Crab, before this (but not on any of their albums – joined too late).

(memories)

http://www.phootoons.com/kraunzeller/index.html

Quote: (phoo @ Mar. 27 2009, 5:16 PM)

Funny you'd mention David Allen Coe. A friend, and long ago former band mate of mine, played bass with DAC a while back. Mickey Hayes. I haven't seen him in years unfortunately. I've got some old tapes he'd probably not want to hear.....of course here are a few clips that were resurrected a while back, from 1972 officially, but probably recorded in 1971. Don't expect much, and don't expect ANYTHING like DAC. Mickey was in a 1960's band from San Fransisco, called The Giant Crab, before this (but not on any of their albums -- joined too late).

(memories)

http://www.phootoons.com/kraunzeller/index.html

Franks Boogie recorded in 72, was that an echo plex?
Or tremolo and verb? I was in the sticks back then, did they have analog back that early.
Believe it out not back then the only effect I used was the amp vol on 10.
I did have the pleasure of messin with an echoplex one time. I spilt shampain all over it yikes! Lets say the vibs caused the spill!

Yep, that was a real EchoPlex, going into a 1959 Super Lead Marshall 100 with 2 412 cabinets. Only other effect Frank had at the time was a Vox Wah-Wah. He got a Mu-Tron Bi-Phase at some point.

By the way, Speed King and the Mountain Jam were recorded outdoors in the back yard of our rental practice house with a couple of mics out front. That’s the Marshall full force. Mickey is playing through Fender 400-PS (435 watt) tube bass amp that has two 1
18 ‘W’ cabinets and four custom 1*15 JBL ported cabinets. When I say loud I really mean LOUD.

50 degrees, off and on rain for the past couple of weeks now. no snow on the west side of the (cascade) mountains. the east side, the high desert, is always a much different story.

Hey thats great phoo!
You and the bass player where pretty tight.
Singer had some pipes too.

You know when analog delay came along I was thinking to myself, this stuff doesn’t sound so good. lol
At least compared to an echo’plex.
Thx for sharing that phoo, pretty cool.
I’ve got an 8 trac tape in a wad.
Drummer sent it to me to have transfered to a disk, just before I started trucking.
I could get it put on disk and I might.
It’s a recording of a tv show we did in Tampa in 71.
If I ever get that transfered I"ll post it for ya.
I think it’s a pretty good recording.
I remember into the second verse I’m thinkin man we are good!
This is a peice of cake! As the cam moved in for a close up of me singing lead.
And sure enough I forgot the lyrics at that moment.
lol So the close up consisted of me shaping sounds to sound like words on the fly lol A little how I write vocals today!!! Those where the good ol’days! And someday, these will be the good’ol days too!

Thats good Jason, looks like it will miss effecting the Dallas area much too. It’s shaping up to be an 80 degree week here next week.

oklahoma weather has been totally weird. tulsa had 8 inches of snow saturday while the outlying area got none. we got about 4 inches here but it was gone by sunday. the wild fluctuations in temperature are hard on us old folks. 30f one day and 80f the next has given me flu-like symptoms for over 2 months. i wonder when/if its going to end.

phoo, i envy you living where you do. my wife and i sure miss marysville. i don’t think we will ever acclimatized down here.