How to copy and insert a part of a track?

I know this is simple, but I cant figure it out, though I’ve done it before…

I want to copy parts of a track and insert them elsewhere in the same track… I can select and copy to a new track, but now do I make room and stick it in an existing one?

Thx

Highlight the part you want to copy and CTRL-C.
then highlight where you want to paste it and CTRL-V.

Helps if you have snap to grid turned on.

Rich

Got it… thanks… OK, now, is there a way to copy/paste two tracks at a time? I have two mono tracks, need to do it with both get the same alignment…

I don’t think you can do 2 tracks at a time… (I may be wrong there)

But if you use snap to grid everything will line up fine
Once you’ve pasted turn off snap to grid and you can manually tweak the point the 2 wavs meet and everything will still stay in time

This assumes that you have recorded everything in time to the tempo you have set in N (ie. you have used a click track)

Rich

Hi Lane and RichLum:
It seems to me that I think Flavio has been working on this feature… I haven’t used IT… but I think you can hold the “control key” down and select which tracks you want to Hi-Lite… I think you may have to set the Track Part with Markers?? to control-the-part…

IT would be nice if IT were that easy…

Bill…

I forget how to get to it, but I think you can set an offset by number of samples, or frames, or whatever timebase you’re using for the various tracks.

If you’re copying 2 or more tracks and want to keep the phase perfectly aligned, check the numeric offsets for each track you’re copying, and when you paste it, key in the same offset values again.

Just a thought… never actually had to try it myself.

Hi Guys:
I’ve used that combinsation offset with the Lexicon core-32 hardware I have… It was way back a few years ago, now…

IT is found in Settings>audio devices>advanced settings…

The zero is replaced with the amount of offset “IN Samples” I think IT delays the preceeding track/tracks by the sample number that is installed, in the Combinsation Box…

Bill…