How to remove "Show Channel Mixer" buttons?

It’s very irritating

Hi:

Does anyone know how to remove the 6 (or is it 7?) buttons located at the bottom of the Track Name column, where the “Solo, Mute” buttons are located? When I exceed 4 tracks, these 6-7 buttons tend to block the mute and solo buttons on the 5th track… anyone knows?

Right click in the n-Track mixer, there you should find the options you need.

That IS annoying! The best I’ve figured out so far is that if you are willing to see lees of the horizontal wave forms for each track, you can grab the border between the track info and the track wave form and drag it to the right. As you widen the track info (and squeeze the wave form), those buttons will start to stack horizontally across the bottom. Eventually, if you drag the border about halfway across the screen, all of those buttons will be lined up on the bottom instead of stacked up vertically. But really - I’d prefer to simply remove those buttons altogether.

I found that by expanding the tracks as soupska explained, you can grab the border between the track info and the track wave form and drag it to the right. As you widen the track info (and squeeze the wave form), those buttons will start to stack horizontally across the bottom) You need to make that gray area kinda big. THEN, right click in the gray area, outside of the area that highlights the mute or solo buttons, you should see at the bottom of the dialog box that opens, Select left track bar elements. By left clicking and whiting out the list, you remove any item you choose from showing as a heading for each track. YOu can make them appear again if you need them.

[edit] my previous useless info deleted…nevermind! (Well, only in this thread) [/edit] :)

Let me re-state myself … :cool:

Open the n-Track mixer, right click in a blank area of the mixer and remove the check-mark for "Show mixer strip selection in the timeline"
Bye bye buttons!

Maybe it depends on which version you have??? I dunno

When I follow your instructions crankz1 the only options I get are the following:L

show tracks, hide minimized tracks, show groups/VST instruments, show master volume, show aux sends, enalrge mixer, shrink mixer, very small, small, smaller, normal, big, very big, and title bar.

What am I doing wrong???

and are we talking about two different things…

1. removing the aux send buttons and such from the “mixer” or

2. removing the mute/solo/tracks mixer settings/tracks vu meter and such to the left of each individual track

?

I was under the impression that we where talking about the left track bar mixer strip selection buttons in version 4.0.1 build 1703.

Thanks, crankz… that was bugging the heck out of me, too…

Wow!! Thank you so much!! Now I can finally get the more important job done IN PEACE! =)

Thanks for clearing that up Crankz1…I am still using 3.3 so I will prepared if and when I get it.