How to scroll up/down between tracks without mouse

Hi everybody: I really get a sore hand scrolling up and down between first and last track with the mouse trying to align them, specially when having 50+ tracks (also get pissed off moving last track up) Any ideas about how to do this with the keyboard instead of the mouse?
Thanks

If you hold shift, you can use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down the tracks faster.
Hope this will help.

Quote: (nramusic @ Mar. 02 2009, 9:26 PM)

If you hold shift, you can use the mouse wheel to scroll up and down the tracks faster. Hope this will help.

No, it does not help when for example, last track is zoomed in all the way and i want to scroll up to first track (usually drums)to align them.

You have to enable the .NET garbage to do it… but have you tried using the Navigator? That may help.

D

On my desktop, numpad +/- keys expand/compress along the horizontal and SHIFT +/- expand/compress along the vertical. (But my laptop does not quite follow that - probably because of a lack of a num pad)

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Mar. 03 2009, 12:29 PM)

On my desktop, numpad +/- keys expand/compress along the horizontal and SHIFT +/- expand/compress along the vertical. (But my laptop does not quite follow that - probably because of a lack of a num pad)

Thanks 7of11, but that works only to expand/compress (zoom), not for sliding up/down withut altering the size of the track
Quote: (DEAD CERTAIN @ Mar. 03 2009, 8:33 AM)

You have to enable the .NET garbage to do it... but have you tried using the Navigator? That may help.

D

Dead: What the heck are u talking about? .NET garbage? Navigator? Please clarify. Thanks

I don’t have n installed… but I think it’s under the “View” menu? I know there’s a toolbar button for it. Looks like a Rubiks cube or something.

If you don’t have .NET enabled and click the Navigator button anyway, n is supposed to prompt you and ask if you want to enable it.

Somebody with V6 help jazito out here?

D

to move a track in place up or down - select track, move mouse to lower right crosshair arrow hold down shift key and move up or down with left click on mouse. Holding ctrl key will allow up down left right moving.

I’m not sure if that’s what you want or not.

You want to scrool vertically quickly without altering the track size. - I think the closest you can get to that is with the Navigator (which you can open with the icon to the left of the metronome icon on the default toolbar) Then move your mouse over to the Navigator window til it turns into a 4-way cross and left click and drag down to your bottom track(s).

Edit - forget it - that doesn’t do it either.
hmmmmm