I'm poor

Quote: (BillClarke @ Nov. 29 2007, 4:45 PM)

you are being baited

ignore the troll and it will go away

Eh... I know Bill...

Problem is, I'm stuck in a hotel in Germany and ain't got nothing better to do... :p

D
Quote: (Diogenes @ Nov. 29 2007, 5:48 PM)

Problem is, I'm stuck in a hotel in Germany and ain't got nothing better to do...

Oh boy, do I know that situation...

(Not Germany, but the 'stuck in a hotel' part)

So - okay, man - have at ye.
Quote: (madmann2 @ Nov. 29 2007, 9:37 PM)

Everything I do with music is free (including the equipment I get)and is for people who like music. Yeah, it may to take me a few hours longer to do it now, but WHO CARES? It is still free for people that like good music.

Have you got some posted on the internet? where can we download it from?

I think if you try those ideas I gave you, you will be impressed with the software.

Of course, you can also try REAPER, technically it's shareware but it's uncrippled and unexpiring. If you read the forum here, you will find many people use it (myself included) and rate it very highly.

Steve

http://www.demonbuster.com/trolls.html

(food for the trolls)

Audacity is a good option for madman - or he could buy an issue of Computer Music and get a pretty nice sequencer for 15 USA bushie dollars. I dunno, madman, I posted the first reply to you, and I didn’t mean to be a dick, but the program really doesn’t cost much. Tell you what, I hereby offer to act as the person who will take up a collection here for you, and if a bunch of us regulars each pitch in a buck you will soon have the program for free. Don’t want you to be mad or anything. One condition: when someone comes to you for something like this, in, say, 20 years, you do the same.

What’d’ya say? Once I have enough pledges I’ll buy the codes and have them sent to your email.

'Tis the season after all, fellows! ???

I’ll pledge a buck - I’ll even make it a Canadian buck, so worth more (you have no idea how long I’ve waited to say that!)

BUT I wanna hear something of madman’s music first!

Quote:

Have you got some posted on the internet? where can we download it from?

Quote:

I'll pledge a buck - I'll even make it a Canadian buck, so worth more (you have no idea how long I've waited to say that!)

BUT I wanna hear something of madman's music first

I just put something up the other day on myspace using ntrax.
Myspace.com/jczsoloproject

Until I can Figure something out, I guess this will have to do.

I’m not so sure Madmann is a troll as much as maybe just someone inexperienced in forum participation. Sure its not a good idea to stand in front of the world and ask for program codes…but…

My son once went to the ProTools site on his first visit to an online forum. He jumped right into a thread and asked a totally offtopic question. They chewed his butt. He has never gone back to a forum again. (he gets his Recording Arts BS in 2 weeks, so its OK).

My point is that not everyone participates in forums as part of a daily routine, like some people do, so maybe a little consideration and empathy is not out of the question.

my $0.02

cliff

OK, we have my dollar, Bill’s Canadian dollar, and g8tor’s .02 (kidding!) - we’re more than 4% of the way to our goal! ???

Problem is, I'm stuck in a hotel in Germany and ain't got nothing better to do... :p

D

Frankfurt again? Lucky bastage... how can you be bored? I would be hitting me some Wienerwald and every weinstube I could find. I miss Germany....
Quote: (madmann2 @ Nov. 29 2007, 3:37 PM)

... why do you insist on trying to sound like an *******?
... and lots more ...
So unless you have something positive to say SHUT THE F@#K UP already.
Is this all you homos do is wake up and say "Hmmm?,
I think I'm going to spend my day on the ntracks dicsussion forum and give people a hard time", just because?
Get a life dude.

HAHAHA!!!!
:D
This guy's a hoot! The funniest thing I've read all week :agree:
Quote:

Quote: (madmann2 @ Nov. 29 2007, 3:37 PM)

... why do you insist on trying to sound like an *******?
... and lots more ...
So unless you have something positive to say SHUT THE F@#K UP already.
Is this all you homos do is wake up and say "Hmmm?,
I think I'm going to spend my day on the ntracks dicsussion forum and give people a hard time", just because?
Get a life dude.
HAHAHA!!!!

This guy's a hoot! The funniest thing I've read all week

I get aroused on pissing people off man.
You just made my day dude! :laugh:
J/K

Hey, at least I got made a hot topic for everyone to enjoy, right?

But for real now, I didn't mean to piss anyone off.
I just needed something to help me finish 4 or maybe 5 tracks to give to my family and a couple friends for Christmas, maybe New Years, and I probably could have gone about asking for help a little differently.

Right now I am trying out Reaper, and as of right now, I am satisfied with it.
I am going to work with it a little more this weekend, and see the results, then try the other software Steve suggested.
It's going to take me a little while to study the software and the capabilities, but I am sure I can at least work with it a little......so far.
Thanks Steve, Tom, and Cliff!

For the 5 hours that I put into those 2 demos I made, what did everyone think?
Honestly.
I know they need a little more work, and I am always open for suggestions.
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Nov. 30 2007, 10:44 AM)

D

Frankfurt again? Lucky bastage... how can you be bored? I would be hitting me some Wienerwald and every weinstube I could find. I miss Germany....

Yep. Deutschland again for me. I got home late Friday night... I am glad to be home too. I like Germany but I eat like a horse when I'm over there. So much good food... I enjoy checking out all the local wines too. The area our plant is located in has some fabo vineyards and wines.

D
Quote: (Diogenes @ Dec. 01 2007, 9:05 PM)

Yep. Deutschland again for me. I got home late Friday night... I am glad to be home too. I like Germany but I eat like a horse when I'm over there. So much good food... I enjoy checking out all the local wines too. The area our plant is located in has some fabo vineyards and wines.

D

Umm - I love Alsace-Lorraine for the same reason - great wines and great food - French cooking; German portions.

A man's waist-line doesn't stand a chance.

I remember a particular gasthaus in the region and their Schnecken soup - to die for!

C’mon, guys, madmann is for real, not a troll, and he wasn’t looking for free software, really. Not that food and travel aren’t excellent topics…

Well, madmann, on the second (Journey) there were drums playing, a bit into the guitar intro, and they didn’t match up with the guitar.
Then the big drums come in, and things are matched up, then it’s back to the quiet guitar and drum loop that don’t match up.
It’s disorienting, actually.
Sort of Charles Ives-like.
The sounds are good.
Hard to tell about mixes with lossy audio on computer speakers, but it sounds good to me.

Eyup!

I’m with you Toms, I always give people the benefit of the doubt first off.

madmann, if you decide to try the Linux stuff, give yourself plenty of time for experimentation. Linux is not like Windows.
UbuntuStudio is specifically aimed at artists and musicians.

Good luck with your projects, and remember the Two T’s
Tuning and Timing
They make you stand out from the crowd :)

Steve

madmann/madmann2
If you can set up a paypal donation or some such,
I would be happy to contribute to the purchase of a
license, as I am sure ‘most’ of the other 'dickhead assholes’
who go out of their way to help and instruct newbies and
seasoned users alike - would also.
But let me ask you this. If we contributed
and bought you a license, would you in turn give it away and
break your contract with the seller to someone like yourself?
Being poor - is relative.

Quote:

C'mon, guys, madmann is for real, not a troll, and he wasn't looking for free software, really.
Not that food and travel aren't excellent topics...

Well, madmann, on the second (Journey) there were drums playing, a bit into the guitar intro, and they didn't match up with the guitar.
Then the big drums come in, and things are matched up, then it's back to the quiet guitar and drum loop that don't match up.
It's disorienting, actually.
Sort of Charles Ives-like.
The sounds are good.
Hard to tell about mixes with lossy audio on computer speakers, but it sounds good to me.

Are you referring to the whole thing in general or just the fills?
That was the first time I tried to mix something with a drum machine and really had no clue what was going on, I just started throwing things in there, sort of elementry, I guess.

Quote:

madmann/madmann2
If you can set up a paypal donation or some such,
I would be happy to contribute to the purchase of a
license, as I am sure 'most' of the other 'dickhead assholes'
who go out of their way to help and instruct newbies and
seasoned users alike - would also.
But let me ask you this. If we contributed
and bought you a license, would you in turn give it away and
break your contract with the seller to someone like yourself?
Being poor - is relative.

Absolutely not.
And in a sense I didn't expect anyone else to either.

I was just getting frusterated with trying to get this project done before Christmas, and really just "Punting from my own endzone".

I know now that my deadline isn't really a reality anymore, so now I'll just take my time with it, and go back to just having fun writing music.
:)

Did anyone get a chance to listen to "My Breaking Point"?

Well, Madmann, I listened to both, adn it’s the same problem in both. Did you play the guitar parts to a click track? Were the drum parts added after the guitar? Perhaps you should tell us the recording process. In any case, the drum tracks and the guitar are not playing together at times in both songs. Usually that means you need to start over with a click track or the drums already arranged, and play to them.

Quote:

Well, Madmann, I listened to both, adn it's the same problem in both.
Did you play the guitar parts to a click track?
Were the drum parts added after the guitar?
Perhaps you should tell us the recording process.
In any case, the drum tracks and the guitar are not playing together at times in both songs.
Usually that means you need to start over with a click track or the drums already arranged, and play to them.

Actually, it's kinda complicated the way I did it, but its the only way I could figure out.
Since I can't play my instrument via MIDI, (When I do I get a 3 second delay, its just hard to play).
So, I just use a usb headset about 3 feet from my amp and record it through a record pad in wav form, then open the file with the mixing software.
Keeping in mind I am trying to listen to a drumloop through headphones while trying to play.
So thats why in some parts it is a little offset.

I've been playing guitar and writing music for 16 years, and yeah, I am a little new at the whole mixdown processes, plus I am just trying to make do with what I got.
So any advise is more than welcome. :agree: