I HATE Tabs

I know you say you hate Tab Kingfish, but I’m not sure why. Not liking conventional notation I can understand, but Tab even an idiot like me can handle.

Especially something like Guitar Pro. Tab is displayed on screen, and the piece is actually played so you can hear it too. And you can slow it down to any speed you want.

Fingering is usually given, but when it’s not, it’s not hard to figure out.

Try again with Tab, as I said if an idiot like me can use it then anybody can. :)

<!–QuoteBegin>

I know you say you hate Tab Kingfish, but I’m not sure why.

Gizmo,

It’s not intuitive and it’s not fast and it’s old hat. It’s so far behind technology it’s not even funny. If anything it should be at the level of TEF. TEF has a fretboard along with the tab and is pretty cool. Trouble is…who uses it? (Google Tef Viewer). Tef is like RIFF and I used to go to the Riff site and participate and probably might go back and see what they’ve been up to.

But we should be seeing more vids (Newer Technology) and I don’t think we are from the responses I’ve received. I’ve learned more in the last several years on the internet than I did in all my years of playing…but after tab came out it looks like technology petered out.

I just wanted to know if anyone had come across any interesting sites AND if they had a Favorite DVD for guitar that they found really helpful.

But, ya, I can read tab…and music too. Doesn’t mean I want to.

KingFish

http://www.guitarshredshow.com/

Entertaining if nothing else

W.
:D

Now that’s a keeper. :D

So you haven’t looked at Guitar Pro then Kingfish?

Standard notation, Tab, fretboard (notes illuminate as they play), piano keyboard if you want it (ditto), and you can hear it playing too at any tempo that suits you.

But no, it doesn’t have a video of some guy playing, so I suppose it is “old technology”.

But so is my Martin. :)

But if it’s just tapping you want to learn, then it’s just all about timing, getting a rhythm going. Use any RH fingers you want, I use M and A, (I hold the pick with P and I), but different people do it different.

Anyway, if you find any good free videos on the Web, let us all know, I’m always willing to learn something new too.

Another vote for guitar pro