iAl Franken book and video

hllarious

Look at the video - link on the Amazon page:

http://www.amazon.com/gp…arad-20

:)

Yes it’s funny - anyone reasonable person could see that. But the problem with it is that it will feed Franken’s critics who say that he’s this way all the time.

Did Al finally write a book that’s not dependent on exploiting someone else’s success and popularity?? Nothing like relying on sophomoric crotch humor to sell books (in the video). I have a feeling we were seeing the real Al act out his latent fantasies. The weird thing was that they picked Colorado as the home state for the token RWer. Despite going for Bush in 2004, Colorado is otherwise a relatively liberal state.

oooh, you guys are curmudgeonly today… :)

Quote (TomS @ Oct. 20 2005,14:14)
oooh, you guys are curmudgeonly today... :)

Let me guess ... you browsed the Word of the Day site after Amazon.com and couldn't wait to find a sentence to use it in?? :p

See what I mean - feed his critics. Thanks ksdb for demonstrating that.

Al’s a comedian first, a writer/politician second. That’s what the video shows. It was obvious that it was a joke.

They picked Colorado because it’s pretty darn conservative. One of the 9 Senators that didn’t vote for McCain’s torture admentment, was from Colorado. Now it’s true that Al could have picked a Southern state but he didn’t want to piss off the South.

Quote (Mr Soul @ Oct. 20 2005,14:21)
Now it's true that Al could have picked a Southern state but he didn't want to piss off the South.

so, then, he is a politician FIRST and a comedian second...

See what I mean - feed his critics. Thanks ksdb for demonstrating that.

Al’s a comedian first, a writer/politician second. That’s what the video shows. It was obvious that it was a joke.

A joke?? You mean when Al kicked that guy in the crotch it wasn’t a real??? ???

I think SNL should do a sketch with President Bush kicking Hillary Clinton in the crotch. Now that would be funny.

They picked Colorado because it’s pretty darn conservative. One of the 9 Senators that didn’t vote for McCain’s torture admentment, was from Colorado. Now it’s true that Al could have picked a Southern state but he didn’t want to piss off the South.

This doesn’t make it sound like Colorado is darn conservative:

<!–QuoteBegin>
RED-STATE JOHNNIE HAS THE BLUES. Times are hard for Colorado Republicans, these days. Yes, we again carried Colorado for President Bush. With a GOP voter-registration edge of 186,000, we darn well should have. But that was all we did. Down-ballot, this was the ugliest election for Colorado Republicans that I’ve experienced in my 30 years in politics. And as president of Colorado’s state Senate, I saw the devastation up-close.

While Republicans were winning U.S. Senate races from Florida to Alaska, netting a four-seat gain, Colorado lost a seat the party has held since 1995, when Ben Nighthorse Campbell crossed the aisle following the Gingrich sweep. Senator-elect Ken Salazar heads to Washington as one of the Democrats’ only bright spots–along with Barrack Obama of Illinois–in a bleak, 44-seat minority.

While Republicans were picking up five seats in the U.S. House, boosted by Texas’ hard-fought redistricting victory last year, we lost a western Colorado seat that should have been safe. (Attorney General Ken Salazar convinced our Democrat-led supreme court to nullify Colorado’s 2003 redistricting bill). Congressman-elect John Salazar rides east with Ken on a wave of celebrity over their being only the fourth congressional brother-brother act in history.

And if this weren’t enough, Colorado was the only state to suffer a bicameral switch of legislative control in the last election. Democrats won seven seats in the Colorado House, and one in the state Senate, to grab a majority in both chambers for the first time since 1960.

OK - I stand corrected, CO is getting more liberal. I forget Salazar beat Coors in 2004.

<!–QuoteBegin>

so, then, he is a politician FIRST and a comedian second…

No - he’s not running for anything yet, he’s selling books.

<!–QuoteBegin>
I think SNL should do a sketch with President Bush kicking Hillary Clinton in the crotch. Now that would be funny.

You’re sick man.

I envy Al geting to kick the guy in the balls for free. I sent the vid to a customer of mine who is an extreme wingnut and even she laughed. I only wish I could jump through any number of forums and kick someone in the balls.

Al is extremely intelligent and if you think that a comedy writer is and easy job that requires no skill, intelligence, political awareness or insight into the human condition…well…you’d have to be a collection agent or date Ann Coulter to think that.

KingFish

BTW…

You guys don’t know me as I’ve only posted a few times.

I bought n-Track 4 a while ago and really like it. I have Cakewalk Home Studio, PowerTracks and I had started with Guitar Tracks Pro. I was doing alot of recording but recently I’ve quit. I need a new computer AND a new acoustic AND the money to pay for 'em!

I read this forum several times a week and like how you guys can talk politics and religion without killing each other. The stuff needs to be said. On some forums they cry like little babies if you mention…Hmmmm…just about any controvercial subject. Good for you guys.

Me? I’m early 50’s… Progressive (not “liberal”)…and sarcastic (see post above).

Hope you don’t mind me joining in!

KingFish

Welcome KingFish!!! I’m 50 too (and liberal).

<!–QuoteBegin>

I read this forum several times a week and like how you guys can talk politics and religion without killing each other.

The forum has gone through hard times & changes. Some people did get pissed & left to start their own forum. It’s too bad but it happens. However, Flavio in his infinite wisdom, created Anything Else, so we could post stuff like we do. It has served the purpose of removing Off Topic posts from the main board.

I don’t share the views of everyone here but I respect everyone’s opinions (despite what some may try to tell you), and I like all the people who come here (even ksdb & John:-). I think we have a good time!
Quote (KingFish @ Oct. 20 2005,23:32)
if you think that a comedy writer is and easy job that requires no skill, intelligence, political awareness or insight into the human condition.....well.....you'd have to be a collection agent or date Ann Coulter to think that.

KingFish

So true, so true.

Welcome to the insanity forum btw. :D

Footnote, will be 50 soon, and remain unafilliated (sp). :cool:

DON"T TRUST ANYONE OVER 50! KILL THE FISH< KILL THE FISH!

Just kidding! :)

the only reason we get along now is because the pinko liberals have taken over. :)

Quote (TomS @ Oct. 21 2005,14:06)
the only reason we get along now is because the pinko liberals have taken over. :)

Not true Tom!

It’s because at todays fuel prices, no one can afford to drive all over the country smackin’ some clown with a sea-bass! :D

TG

PS Well maybe not… I filled up my car today and have been trying desperately to find some kind of good in the situation. SIXTY FREAKIN’ DOLLARS!?!?!?!? Ugh…

What’dy’a got, a Hummer? :)

Quote (TomS @ Oct. 21 2005,18:57)
What'dy'a got, a Hummer? :)

A wife, two kids, a mother in-law and a Ford Expedition with 22.5 gallon tank...

TG

Yikes.

What was that joke from Little Big Man?

“I’ve got a wife and three horses.”

“I’ve got a horse and three wives…”

Quote (TomS @ Oct. 22 2005,12:53)
Yikes.

What was that joke from Little Big Man?

“I’ve got a wife and three horses.”

“I’ve got a horse and three wives…”

Heh… If I had three horses, I’d be looking to buy a wagon! :D

I can see me pulling into work and tying Pinto, Cletus and Clyde up next to the bosses Jag! :D :D First he’d say it, then he’d STEP in it! LOL…

TG