Im back!

yIKEs!

Hi ntrackers, what did I miss? I saw Craig’s new tune and I’m gonna check it out, anyone else? Any new tunes/recordings I missed? If I didnt leave a comment for you it’s because I didn’t recognize the thread, so point me to your songs, Luv 2 hear it!

Houston was a mess last week, no ice, no gas, no charcoal, we got the lights back after 4 days, I still know folks living in the dark today. trees were uprooted all over town, lots of fences knocked over and roofs with big holes. Even away from the coast where we are!

But the worst was that my dad lives out in Seabrook, apparently in the middle of the night the sewage backed up and then the bay overflowed from the surge. They had 3 feet of water. My brother and I were there most of last week trying to help him get everything out of the house, sure a lot of it was the junk of someone related to Sanford and Son but we also found some baby pictures, a family bible and some really heartbreaking heirlooms. Almost all of it pitched because of the mold and sewage. But we all came away without a scrape so life goes on. Thanks for the messages guys, Yaz too! Thanks for a forum to vent the grief. OK back to business, point me to any new tunes out there OK?

Glad you weathered the storm.
Welcome back.

Sorry to hear about the mess at your dad’s house, but it is good to know everyone came through it safe and sound.
:agree:

Sorry to hear about it all, but good to know you’re alright! That’s the main thing.

(oh… and have a neb at my ‘Wanna write lke TomS’ thread)

Hey Nix, good to hear from ya! Sorry bout the damage at your Dad’s but least no loss of life, that’s always good news! :agree:

I got a link to some photos of the shore-line damage…
You people go hit pretty bad…

Storm surges High wind and rain can really causes grief-and-heartache…
We are so dependent on power these days…
if we loose it even for a few hours it’s devastating… let alone a week or so…
We have one coming ashore sometime tomorrow…
It’s hugging the US Coast…
and going into the Bay of Fundy…
so they say…
We’ll see…

We had one blow in over the Cole Harbour marsh and dyke’s…
It brought us down for weeks…
The tree fall was incredible…
We’re still working on the clean-up…

Bill…

hurricanes suck. all i ever had in texas was a tornado. glad to hear everyone’s ok. anything that distracts from music is evil by definition.

Glad you’re safe Nix…

This makes me wonder about ex n-Tracker John P Barton. John lives in the Houston area and by all accounts, just a super guy. He used to stop in and say howdy once in a while, but it’s been a long time. John will live in infamy for Fiberman as recorded by Phoo and the Fartones written by John P. Barton

Hey JP! Stop by and let us know how you are bro!!

D

PS Give that a listen fella’s… awesome tune… awesome Fartones job of covering it!! :agree:

Hurricanes do suck, and for a long time afterward.
Like I mentioned before, it took us about a year to fully recover.
In fact, I have a blue tarp on my roof now.
I didn’t make a claim after Wilma (2 yrs ago) though I should have.
The hurricane deductable is like 10% of your home’s value.
After the last tropical storm, Fay, I got to make a claim for damage from Wilma.
Since it (Fay) was not a hurricane…only $500 deductable.
Yeah, the hurricane/insurance game…sux…

Glad you all made out ok…hope things get back to normal soon…very soon…

cliff