Importing files from Reaper Software

Software Question

I have a number of guitar tracks recorded on Reaper Software. What type of file do I have to convert those recordings into to use with n-Track ? Any other members ever used Reaper and n-Track for recordings ? Is n-Track as “user friendly” as Reaper ?

Wow… um, do I want to answer this?

Short answer: Save the Reaper session as EDL. Both Reaper and N-track can use that format.

Quote: (arie397 @ Nov. 06 2009, 6:02 AM)

I have a number of guitar tracks recorded on Reaper Software. What type of file do I have to convert those recordings into to use with n-Track ? Any other members ever used Reaper and n-Track for recordings ? Is n-Track as "user friendly" as Reaper ?

you don't need to convert the files.
if your just using the raw files (no edits) you can just import the wave files and say yes when ntrack asks if you want to use the original offset.
or if you have edits save as an EDL like bubba mentioned.
everything will be the same unless you've muted some tracks ntrack will have them unmuted.
also in EDL tempo and midi files don't transfer.
if you used MIDI files you have to export them or bounce them to wave files in Reaper.
very important save the EDL as a ntrack file as soon as you import it. if you save as the same EDL file you won't be able to open it again.

I do use both along with other programs in the creative process. IMO ntrack is very user friendly and its still my main DAW.
If you need any help just let us know.

Thanks for the help ! I will probably use both Reaper and n-Track for future recordings.
Thanks again

Bill

Reaper > n-Track?? Holy crap… I can’t think of ONE reason to do such a thing…

Move FORWARD not BACKWARD. :wink:

Beware that the Samplitude EDL format may result in your PAN settings getting reversed. I used the Sony EDL format to move all my old n-Track projects to Reaper and it worked well.

Best of luck to you Bill! Over and OUT!

D

who can bear such blasphemy? :p

Quote:

I used the Sony EDL format to move all my old n-Track projects to Reaper and it worked well.

I'm about to the point of attempting this. I've had less time for recording the past few months, and when I have, I've spent way too much time trying to figure out why nTrack isn't working like it should. (Mostly problems with instrument and occasionally effects plugins not loading or working properly, especially the dx stuff.) I don't have the time, patience or expertise to get it straightened out, and since Reaper doesn't seem to have these problems, for the sake of actually getting something recorded, I've been learning the ins and outs of that program lately. Since no one else seems to be having the problems I do, I'm sure it must be something out of whack on my computer. Whatever it is, short of a complete re-install of Windows XP, the purchase of a new computer, or some insight that I don't presently have, nTrack has become more of a pain than a pleasure. (Sorry to be so blasphemous, but I'm ready to get back to some happy camping.)
Quote: (nramusic @ Nov. 06 2009, 10:43 PM)

who can bear such blasphemy? :p

so know one misunderstands, it was a friendly poke at the religious zeal associated with some of reaper's users (a common experience on almost all daw forums)
:)