instance numbers of a vsti

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 04 2012, 2:16 PM)

I'm having trouble with this.
Why not just put a new instance of the VSTi on a new track for as many tracks as you want?

Sorry, Tom - have you tried to do just that? I have and get just one "actual" instance in the mixer, so just one instrument.

Only with Alchemy?

I’ve come across the odd plug that will allow multiple use but I don’t think Alchemy Player is one of them - I can’t comment on it’s big bro’ Alchemy. I can, however, imagine a problem with making copies of the dll data - you can only install one version of it - Alchemy or Alchemy Player.

Tom. Which version do you have? Have you/would you try to run multiple events - pweeez;-)

I will.
I can’t find my codes to activate the program on this laptop, the music comp is down in the basement, so it might be a moment or two.
BTW, go check your facebook messages.

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 04 2012, 1:55 PM)

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 04 2012, 12:06 PM)

I did read something like that over at KVR once,

(it had to do with multiple instances of VST plug and Reaper)

The solution was to copy the dll and renaming it several times.

eg.

surface.dll
surface1.dll
surface2.dll

according to what I read this allows the VST to open several instances under these titles at once.

dontcare
:cool:

That's the one, J. Where is that thread? It must be under a different topic title.

KVR thread

dontcare :cool:

In that thread they note that this sort of problem occurs when diff instances of the same plug are trying to access the same stuff. Is this Tony’s problem? I thought he didn’t get that far, and couldn’t even get a second instance to load.

hmmm I’m thinking if he makes the extra dll’s right, the other instance will load (under a different name header)… ???

keep us updated T, the suspense is killing me :laugh:

dontcare :cool: