instance numbers of a vsti

Hi.
Is it possible to make copies of a vsti dll, in this case, Alchemy, so that more than one instance can be used within a host? Thought I’d ask before I start fiddling around.
Cheers.

Why would you need copies of it?

To be able to use more than one event of it.

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 03 2012, 4:53 PM)

To be able to use more than one event of it.

When I glanced at the product description it says you can drag multiple midi files into it, this would technically be more than one event of it.

It would be helpful to know what you are using the vst for that more than one event of the program itself is needed to transpire,( eg. analog looping, midi triggering, fx envelopes, etc etc)

I think that would help as we seem to be missing that crucial piece of evidence that might solve the dilemma.

dontcare :cool:

With a brief glance at the manual it says there is left and right filters,

in theory any device with left and right can be treated as two different mono tracks and sent through independently.

That would get you at least two separate mono instances of the program/logarithm. :agree:

To do more you might have to just press record on your host and start saving ideas. ???

Alchemy Player isn’t rackable in n-T. Not multitimbral. Not multi track/channel.
Well built no-crasher with good sounds and good access to user samples. I want to be able to have and use several independent units.

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 03 2012, 6:58 PM)

Alchemy Player isn't rackable in n-T

I wonder why that is?

it's not your average vst?

it's a standalone?

No, I meant, why not just run several instances of it? Why would you need to have more than one copy of the dll to do that?

Quote: (TomS @ Jan. 03 2012, 11:12 PM)

No, I meant, why not just run several instances of it?
Why would you need to have more than one copy of the dll to do that?

Are you able to do this, Tom? I'm failing to run more than one instrument event/track/channel.

if your running it as a standalone and it’s anything like Ntrack

I had to set up different soundcards for each instance.

The prompt I got was something like “soundcard already in use” and "unable to open Midi Out"

The trick was changing the soundcard and midi out settings on the already running Ntrack, and letting the second one open with the default settings.

I think I understand, you want to put several VSTi together on a single track? Sorry, I don’t mean to be stupid, I was just born that way.

I thought he was trying to get several copies of the same vst to run on multiple different tracks at the same time. :laugh:

Hi, DC. I’m trying to run multiple independent instances in n-T. Should be possible as it is with some hosts and some plugs.

well ya confused me when you said and I quoted:

Quote:

Alchemy Player isn’t rackable in n-T

which led me to conclude it didn’t work as a VST in Ntrack and you were using it as a standalone app.
???
weeeeeeeee!

I am however curious as to why it has left and right filters if it cannot process dual channel events (thus making it capable of “two” instances in mono at once) if each side of a stereo track can be processed individually that is good for versatility.

dontcare
:cool:

Yup, Jerm’s on it. Several/some/two tracks, each with an independent “copy” of Alchemy Player.

Somewhere on this planet is a thread with a clever-cloggs explaining how to copy vst dll’s. Can I find it - can I flump. I thought it was over at KVR but no luck.

I did read something like that over at KVR once,

(it had to do with multiple instances of VST plug and Reaper)

The solution was to copy the dll and renaming it several times.

eg.

surface.dll
surface1.dll
surface2.dll

according to what I read this allows the VST to open several instances under these titles at once.

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 04 2012, 8:57 AM)

I thought he was trying to get several copies of the same vst to run on multiple different tracks at the same time.
:laugh:

dontcare

That's what I thought, originally. *whew*
Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 04 2012, 12:06 PM)

I did read something like that over at KVR once,

(it had to do with multiple instances of VST plug and Reaper)

The solution was to copy the dll and renaming it several times.

eg.

surface.dll
surface1.dll
surface2.dll

according to what I read this allows the VST to open several instances under these titles at once.

dontcare

That's the one, J. Where is that thread? It must be under a different topic title.

I’m having trouble with this. Why not just put a new instance of the VSTi on a new track for as many tracks as you want?