it doesn't seem to work on my Where did the EQ go?

v4 to v5 change

In v4 I seem to remember when you added the NTrack compression effect to a track you saw the compression settings window and above it was a basic EQ settings pane with an oscilloscope display.

In v5 this doesn’t display anymore (you just get the compression settings. I’ve looked at the parametric EQ effect but it doesn’t seem to work on my system, it just slows everything down to a crawl with masses of pops and clicking and so on.

Is the old EQ to be found anywhere in v5. All I really want is the oscilloscope display to see where sibillance is happening in a track and how much to drag it down to lessen the effect.

Not completely sure what you are getting at but I think you are referring to the “always on” effects.

Anyway, you can get to the EQ for each track by clicking in the little icon below the fader for each track in the mixer.

Thanks for the reply Xon.

<!–QuoteBegin>

you can get to the EQ for each track by clicking in the little icon below the fader for each track in the mixer

That’s it. I always miss those little controls when I’m looking for a feature. God, there is so much in N! :p

But I remember there being three knobs above the wave display that controlled frequency, gain and bandwidth (or something like that) which enabled you to drag a very narrow (or wide) band of frequencies up or down. Also there was a dropdown with some preset EQ options in (high pass, low pass etc). I’d really like to find those again.

Thanks again

Martin
Quote (plumbum @ Jan. 31 2007,09:53)
But I remember there being three knobs above the wave display that controlled frequency, gain and bandwidth (or something like that) which enabled you to drag a very narrow (or wide) band of frequencies up or down. Also there was a dropdown with some preset EQ options in (high pass, low pass etc). I'd really like to find those again.

Thanks again

Martin

Ok, I can do this one too....

Click on the spanner/wrench icon at the top of the EQ display and select "show all EQ controls"

X

:D Brilliant thanks very much X. I was looking right at it last night. Don’t know how I missed it. Thanks again.

Quote (plumbum @ Jan. 31 2007,21:24)
:D Brilliant thanks very much X. I was looking right at it last night. Don't know how I missed it. Thanks again.

Just glad I could help. Happy tracking