Kerry's ahead again!!!

Whooo hahh!!

Electoral Vote.

I heard some guy being interviewed on NPR about a “truth index” he came up with. He rated both Bush & Kerry for the 3 debates. He found Bush scored much higher in the untruthful department. In fact, Bush had a higher tendency to purposely misled than Kerry did. I didn’t catch the guys name so I can’t provide a link or anything.

Mike

USA today poll on monday had Bush ahead by 8 points

Depends on who you listen to :cool:

here’s a link
polls link

15 Days…

TG

You guys checked out the methodologies for some of those polls? I wouldn’t rely on USA Today or Gallup or CNN or whoever does that poll. Nice normalizing…wait, isn’t that an audio term? Zogby may be the best…

I’ve been predicting for months, and I still predict: Kerry will whomp Bush. Bigtime. Many of those polls are way off. :)

Anyone seen the Stolen Honor “documentary” exerpts that are posted on the video’s website? My local Fox station was ordered to show it. Can’t wait to see the whole thing.

I've been predicting for months, and I still predict: Kerry will whomp Bush. Bigtime. Many of those polls are way off.
I'm agreeing with Tom here - this could very well happen (or not :-).
Quote (MidnightToker @ Oct. 19 2004,12:33)
I've been predicting for months, and I still predict: Kerry will whomp Bush. Bigtime. Many of those polls are way off.

I'm agreeing with Tom here - this could very well happen (or not :-).
Hey, you speak in tautologies! :)

Um, I think the polls are pretty worthless. With folks not at home as they used to be, I can’t imagine the the polls are accurate. I have a bad feeling the polls reflect the views of mostly stay at home moms and the elderly and miss the rest of folks. This is going to be like a really good football game with the end result hanging there until the very end. However, if you are a political statistics nerd, statistically an incumbant president with poll numbers this close to the challenger almost always loses. But, as I said, whose to say the polls are any where near accurate. They may only get folks on the phone home all day benefitting from the welfare state. Come to think of it, I bet I can think up another 20 spins on why the poll numbers are skewed one way or the other. :) I have learned as a citizen of COlumbus, Ohio to never count your team in our out. The Buckeyes have a bad habit of being way behind and coming through or being way ahead and falling flat. THough sometimes they dominate a game and win or suck the whole time. It ain’t over until it is over.

Quote (TomS @ Oct. 19 2004,12:24)
I've been predicting for months, and I still predict: Kerry will whomp Bush. Bigtime. Many of those polls are way off. :)

Yes, I agree with Tom.

Support Terrorism Infidels, Vote Kerry :laugh:
Ali bin Gali
Um, I think the polls are pretty worthless.
Supposedly, the Zogby poll that is done right before the election is the best one. Zogby's been saying this election's Kerry's to lose for quite some time.
Quote (MidnightToker @ Oct. 19 2004,14:41)
Um, I think the polls are pretty worthless.

Supposedly, the Zogby poll that is done right before the election is the best one. Zogby's been saying this election's Kerry's to lose for quite some time.
Mike brought up polls, so I thought I would give the big picture
CNN +/- spread is 4 points, Zogby is 3 points and they called less people.

The CNN poll also weighs down opinion to reflect a 55% anticipated voter turnout

I also think polls are somewhat worthless, but we'll see in a few days.

Bubba, you are mistaken about only one thing - there is what happens when OSU meets U Mich. :)

This year? I dunno, it looks bleak for the Bucks all around.

Kerry is a girly mon!

On election day we all will say Hasta La Vista BABY to John “Girly Mon” Kerry!!!

The year of the UnderDog! Can Beantown pull it out tonight and beat N.Y. Yankees, forever bury the curse? Will N.C. State ever beat Ohio State in non conference football? Will John Kerry upset George W. Bush as president. Ok…I guess the N.C. State thing is stretching a bit…unless SAT entry scores for Wolfpack are dropped below 200.:smiley:

All I know is that I am still thinking about a fumble in the Purdue game last week… :(

More fuel for the fire:

The 9/11 Secret in the CIA’s Back Pocket
By Robert Scheer
The Los Angeles Times

Tuesday 19 October 2004

The agency is withholding a damning report that points at senior officials.
It is shocking: The Bush administration is suppressing a CIA report on 9/11 until after the election, and this one names names. Although the report by the inspector general’s office of the CIA was completed in June, it has not been made available to the congressional intelligence committees that mandated the study almost two years ago.

“It is infuriating that a report which shows that high-level people were not doing their jobs in a satisfactory manner before 9/11 is being suppressed,” an intelligence official who has read the report told me, adding that “the report is potentially very embarrassing for the administration, because it makes it look like they weren’t interested in terrorism before 9/11, or in holding people in the government responsible afterward.”

When I asked about the report, Rep. Jane Harman (D-Venice), ranking Democratic member of the House Intelligence Committee, said she and committee Chairman Peter Hoekstra (R-Mich.) sent a letter 14 days ago asking for it to be delivered. “We believe that the CIA has been told not to distribute the report,” she said. “We are very concerned.”

According to the intelligence official, who spoke to me on condition of anonymity, release of the report, which represents an exhaustive 17-month investigation by an 11-member team within the agency, has been “stalled.” First by acting CIA Director John McLaughlin and now by Porter J. Goss, the former Republican House member (and chairman of the Intelligence Committee) who recently was appointed CIA chief by President Bush.

The official stressed that the report was more blunt and more specific than the earlier bipartisan reports produced by the Bush-appointed Sept. 11 commission and Congress.

“What all the other reports on 9/11 did not do is point the finger at individuals, and give the how and what of their responsibility. This report does that,” said the intelligence official. “The report found very senior-level officials responsible.”

By law, the only legitimate reason the CIA director has for holding back such a report is national security. Yet neither Goss nor McLaughlin has invoked national security as an explanation for not delivering the report to Congress.

“It surely does not involve issues of national security,” said the intelligence official.

“The agency directorate is basically sitting on the report until after the election,” the official continued. “No previous director of CIA has ever tried to stop the inspector general from releasing a report to the Congress, in this case a report requested by Congress.”

None of this should surprise us given the Bush administration’s great determination since 9/11 to resist any serious investigation into how the security of this nation was so easily breached. In Bush’s much ballyhooed war on terror, ignorance has been bliss.

The president fought against the creation of the Sept. 11 commission, for example, agreeing only after enormous political pressure was applied by a grass-roots movement led by the families of those slain.

And then Bush refused to testify to the commission under oath, or on the record. Instead he deigned only to chat with the commission members, with Vice President Dick Cheney present, in a White House meeting in which commission members were not allowed to take notes. All in all, strange behavior for a man who seeks reelection to the top office in the land based on his handling of the so-called war on terror.

In September, the New York Times reported that several family members met with Goss privately to demand the release of the CIA inspector general’s report. “Three thousand people were killed on 9/11, and no one has been held accountable,” 9/11 widow Kristen Breitweiser told the paper.

The failure to furnish the report to Congress, said Harman, “fuels the perception that no one is being held accountable. It is unacceptable that we don’t have [the report]; it not only disrespects Congress but it disrespects the American people.”

The stonewalling by the Bush administration and the failure of Congress to gain release of the report have, said the intelligence source, “led the management of the CIA to believe it can engage in a cover-up with impunity. Unless the public demands an accounting, the administration and CIA’s leadership will have won and the nation will have lost.”

Yet more to fuel the fire:

Who Performed Military Service

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Democrats

David Bonior: Staff Sgt., Air Force 1968-72
Leonard Boswell: Lt. Col., Army 1956-76; Vietnam, DFCs, etc
Jimmy Carter: Seven years in the Navy
Wesley Clark: U.S. Army 1966-2000, Vietnam, silver star, purple heart
Max Cleland: Captain, Army 1965-68; Silver/bronze Stars, Vietnam
Bill Clinton: Did not serve
Tom Daschle: 1st Lt., Air Force SAC 1969-72
Gray Davis: Army Captain in Vietnam, bronze Star
John Edwards: Did not serve
Richard Gephardt: Air National Guard, 1965-71
John Glenn: WWII and Korea; six DFCs; Air Medal w/18 Clusters
Al Gore: enlisted Aug. 1969; sent to Vietnam as journalist
Tom Harkin: Lt., Navy, 1962-67; Naval Reserve, 1968-74
Howell Heflin: Silver Star
Fritz Hollings: Army officer in WWII; bronze Star
Daniel Inouye: Army 1943-47; Medal of Honor, WWII
Ted Kennedy: Army, 1951-53
Bob Kerrey: Lt. j.g. Navy 1966-69; Medal of Honor, Vietnam
John Kerry: Lt., Navy 1966-70; Silver/Purple stars, purple hearts
Tom Lantos: Served in Hungarian underground in WWII
George McGovern: Silver Star & DFC during WWII
Walter Mondale: Army 1951-1953
Pete Peterson: Air Force Captain, POW. Purple Heart, Silver Star, etc
Charles Rangel: Staff Sgt., Army 1948-52; bronze Star, Korea
Jack Reed: Army Ranger, 1971-1979; Captain, Army Reserve 1979-91
Chuck Robb: U.S. Marine Corps, 1961-70, Vietnam
Pete Stark: Air Force 1955-57
Mike Thompson: Staff sergeant, 173rd Airborne, Purple Heart

Republicans

Spencer Abraham: Did not serve
Eliot Abrams: Did not serve
Richard Armitage: U.S. Navy, three tours in Vietnam
John Ashcroft: Did not serve
Roy Blunt: Did not serve
Michael Bloomberg: Did not serve
George H.W. Bush: Youngest Navy pilot in WW II; awarded DFC
George W. Bush: Texas Air Nat. Guard; didn’t take physical; suspended from flying
Jeb Bush: Did not serve
Saxby Chambliss: Did not serve. Attacked Cleland’s patriotism
Dick Cheney: Did not serve
Christopher Cox: Did not serve
Tom DeLay: Did not serve
Bob Dole: Army in WWII, bronze star, two purple hearts
Bob Dornan: Enlisted after fighting was over in Korea
John Engler: Did not serve
Douglas Feith: Did not serve
Gerald Ford: Lt. Commander, Navy in WWII
Bill Frist: Did not serve
Newt Gingrich: Did not serve
Rudy Giuliani: Did not serve
Lindsey Graham: National Guard lawyer
Phil Gramm: Did not serve
Chuck Hagel: Served in Vietnam, two bronze stars and purple heart
Dennis Hastert: Did not serve
Tim Hutchison: Did not serve
Jack Kemp: Did not serve. “Knee problem,” continued in NFL for 8 years
Jon Kyl: Did not serve
Trent Lott: Did not serve
Richard Lugar: Intelligence officer in Navy 1957-1960
John McCain: POW in Vietnam, Silver star, Legion of Merit, DFC, many more
Mitch McConnell: Did not serve
John McHugh: Did not serve
George Pataki: Did not serve
Richard Perle: Did not serve
Colin Powell: 35 years in Army, 4-star general
Dan Quayle: Journalism unit of the Indiana National Guard
Ronald Reagan: Served in WWII making movies
Tom Ridge: U.S. Army in Vietnam, bronze star
Dana Rohrabacher: Did not serve
Karl Rove: Did not serve
Don Rumsfeld: served in Navy (1954-57) as flight instructor
Rick Santorum: Did not serve
Arnold Schwarzenegger: AWOL from Austrian army base
Richard Shelby: Did not serve
JC Watts: Did not serve
Vin Weber: Did not serve
Paul Wolfowitz: Did not serve

Pundits, Preachers, and Judges

Bill Bennett: Did not serve
Wolf Blitzer: Did not serve
Pat Buchanan: Did not serve
William Buckley: U.S. Army in WWII
Charlie Daniels: Did not serve
Lou Dobbs: Did not serve
Paul Gigot: Did not serve
Sean Hannity: Did not serve
Bill Kristol: Did not serve
Jim Lehrer: U.S. Marine Corps
Rush Limbaugh: Did not serve
Chris Matthews: Did not serve
Michael Medved: Did not serve
Ted Nugent: Did not serve
Bill O’Reilly: Did not serve
Dan Rather: U.S. Army Reserve
Ralph Reed: Did not serve
Michael Savage: Did not serve
Antonin Scalia: Did not serve
Kenneth Starr: Did not serve
Clarence Thomas: Did not serve
John Wayne: Did not serve
George Will: Did not serve

Quote (TomS @ Oct. 20 2004,06:34)
More fuel for the fire:

The 9/11 Secret in the CIA's Back Pocket

Yes, yes infidel Tom. Very good my friend.
Let us hope infidel Dan Rather got the fonts right this time !!

Osama was not pleased with the last forgeries, my friends.
Let's hope the Demorats can do better this time !!!!
If you need more documents infidels, please check Sandy
Burger's underwear. (but use caution my friends - if you
know what I mean ! )

Ali bin Gali