lack of repect crime

coming soon

Another stunning example of our ‘leaders’ forcing any social engineering app they see fit into a must have (in this case defense) appropriation legislation.

Quote:

The bill would expand federal hate crimes to include violence against individuals based on sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. Current federal law covers crimes committed on the basis of race, religion, color or national origin.

How about political identity?

So I’m gonna say while I still can. Pelosi & company can kiss my ancestors’ butt.

Beware the One-legged, Islamic, African Transexual!!

It wouldn’t be long before pocket change and paper money gets removed from circulation…

This may be in our life-time…
:)
:p

Bill…

Quote:

Beware the One-legged, Islamic, African Transexual!!

You rang?

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^ :laugh:

So now it’s a crime to hate the French. I just can’t take it.

Quote:

So now it's a crime to hate the French. I just can't take it.

so lock me up and swallow the key.

Err, I don’t get the down side… yet again. So are we saying it is redundant as we already have laws on the books to punish assault, rape, arson, murder etc? Or we think it is unfair to send someone to jail for murder AND to ding them for the reason they did it? As it is no worse to kill your wife simply because she is a nag than to kill a guy for being gay? I don’t plan to commit any of these crimes… so this really doesn’t effect me. Or are you saying you are planning on getting your ass beat for your political views and want included in this law too?

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Oct. 08 2009, 12:56 PM)

Quote:

The bill would expand federal hate crimes to include violence against individuals based on sexual orientation, gender, gender identity or disability. Current federal law covers crimes committed on the basis of race, religion, color or national origin.

Violence is the crime. The reason should be pretty much irrelevant!

I’m for any good hate crime law.
Down with loggers, haters, and bigots in general.
:agree:
Usually the ones committing the crimes are crying loudest against the laws, that doesn’t sound like you 7. (ya bruffie I sound real evil here too)

Not all ‘faiths’ would read this thread in the same light - violence - it would appear, is negotiable.

Are kids in the USA allowed to trap their fingers in a door anymore? Not in Wales UK! All public areas have collapsable plastic boxes around the hinges.

And we dig ourselves deeper. Bonkers!

Quote: (Levi @ Oct. 09 2009, 2:22 PM)

I'm for any good hate crime law.
Down with loggers, haters, and bigots in general.
:agree:
Usually the ones committing the crimes are crying loudest against the laws, that doesn't sound like you 7.
(ya bruffie I sound real evil here too)

I don't recall calling you evil?
Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 09 2009, 2:27 PM)

Not all 'faiths' would read this thread in the same light - violence - it would appear, is negotiable.

Are kids in the USA allowed to trap their fingers in a door anymore? Not in Wales UK! All public areas have collapsable plastic boxes around the hinges.

And we dig ourselves deeper. Bonkers!

Yep! The UK has gone so far with political correctness and over the top protective measures that it would be scary and difficult to raise a kid there now.
Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 09 2009, 2:27 PM)

Not all 'faiths' would read this thread in the same light

Faiths? You presume everyone here is religious? How about the faith of common sense?

Civil rights Laws are made to protect that’s pretty simple to understand and has nothing to do with enslaving a society. On the contrary, more to the point of freeing a society.

But do laws make a dif’? They haven’t had much of an effect on my life (ask, I dare you) They merely reflect the feelings of good folk - end of.

Quote:

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." - Benjamin Franklin

Quote:

"A well regulated society, being necessary to the security of the government, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be tolerated." - an alternative interpretation of the Second Amendment

I probably went overboard with that last quote, but I couldn't resist. I'm not advocating anarchy, but feeling protected and being free don't always go hand in hand. Laws are necessary... but overzealous lawyers with a political agenda? Not so much.

Quote:

"Can't we all just get along?"
Quote: (kevinmyers @ Oct. 10 2009, 11:06 AM)

overzealous lawyers with a political agenda? Not so much.

Yeah think you just hit the nerve center Kevin! :agree:

How about laws to prohibit bad spelling :laugh: