Latest toys

It’s times like this that I remember what my old dad used to say.
What was that?
“What the #### are you doing in the bathroom all day and night? Why don’t you get out of there and give someone else a chance?”

Wait! Where are you going? I was going to make Espresso!

Eyup!

<!–QuoteBegin>

Picked this up for my wife.

Not a bad swap :D

Wonder what I could get for mine :;):

Steve

Quote (phoo @ April 26 2006,16:33)
We can start on my REAL number one favorite movie later…Young Frankenstein. Yes, I do have my priorities.

Walk this way… :)

Hah! I knew I liked you for some reason phoo. Young Frankenstein has to be one of the best comedies EVER IMO. Classic, FUNNY stuff.

Marty Feldman: “IIII ain’t got no boddddyyy! No boddddyyy!”

“Wat 'ump?”

“Abbie Normal?” :D

D

…could be raining…

#### your eyes!

Too late.

Quote (Beefy Steve @ April 26 2006,16:55)
Eyup!

Picked this up for my wife.

Not a bad swap :D

Wonder what I could get for mine :;):

Steve
Take my wife... please... :)

An LA2a and another API 312…now I just need the time to use them!

Ray

you’re kidding, Ray. :)

No you’re not! :D

…sequioa…unbelievable…

Quote (teryeah @ April 21 2006,18:00)
Not bought anything yet, but I'm taking a REALLY serious look at a Gretsch 6120 DSW. Dynasonics, baby !

Bought it. Hopefully in my sweaty hands sometime tomorrow :cool:
Quote (teryeah @ April 28 2006,10:11)
Quote (teryeah @ April 21 2006,18:00)
Not bought anything yet, but I'm taking a REALLY serious look at a Gretsch 6120 DSW. Dynasonics, baby !

Bought it. Hopefully in my sweaty hands sometime tomorrow :cool:

Oh man... REVIEW for us PLEASE!?!??!

D -- geetar fever. It's contagious...

Looks like this:

http://www.gretschguitars.com/gear…q=&st=1

I could do without the branded G and the funky inlays but the 2’nd hand market for these things over here is just about non-existant. I’m paying 50% more than a new Electromatic 512X (remember?) would cost me so it’s a sweet deal but still not exatcly cheap.

Now I’ll need a Victoria tweed :;):

Mmmmm, Bigsby. I used a guitar very similar for all the spaced out etheral stuff on this track. Me loves Bigsbys.

Link

Mmmmm, Bigsby :)

EDIT: Sounds good, Bubba. What guitar did you use?

It is a Washburn J9. No longer made, but it is sort of a cross between the Bigsby you are looking at and an ES335.

Like this :

You can only get that watery comb filter tremolo sound from a Bigsby. Fender and Floyd’s are not subtle enough.

PURDY!!!

FXpansion DR 008 and DSound GT Player 2.0

They looked cool and were cheap but I didn’t do much research. I think the DR008 will be a winner and I’m happy with the GT Player but I don’t think I really needed this, it just looks way to cool to pass up.

OK, I just did the impulse thing and bought the Lexicon mx200.

Is there anything special about a s/pdif cable? Looks like an RCA connector to me. ???

I’m pretty sure a S/PDIF cable is different. Don’t think I can tell you why though. I am technically obtuse. But I believe it matters, the difference between them.

What is a Lexicon… whatchamajig, anyway?

Bubba- sweet guitar, dude. So, can you play it? :D Post some sounds!

You’ll want one of these…
http://www.soundstage.com/revequip/audience_au24_digital_followup.htm

Any short RCA audio cable should work, though technically they aren’t spdif cables. Try what you got. The ones that come with VCRs for video are the ones to try first.

http://www.andrewkilpatrick.org/mind/spdif/

<!–QuoteBegin>

The coax interface uses 75ohm coax cable with RCA connectors. Even cheesy audio patch cables work well for transmitting S/PDIF. The signal is +/-0.5V and should be terminated with 75 ohms on the receiving end. (termination is built into coax inputs)