Live Input

I only hear live input if I choose “Echo Live Input”. Unchecked, I get no sound, but the “Live” button is highlighted as normal. Am I missing a setting on the new version?

<!–QuoteBegin>

I only hear live input if I choose “Echo Live Input”.

Where exactly do you have this choice?

it’s a new option on the newest builds I think, I saw it last night, but didn’t bother thinking about what it does.

I have Build 2041 and can’t find “Echo Live Input”. There IS “Echo MIDI Input”. You DO have to have that turned on when using an external keyboard in some cases. All it does is send MIDI information coming in the input port back OUT the selected MIDI hardware port. I think?

D

Build 2041

After adding a new track you can select to enable/disable the recording of the track. (Next to the “freeze” icon) Once you click on the enable/disable icon, you can select the input of the track. At the bottom of the selection window is a check option for “Echo Live Input”

<!–QuoteBegin>

Build 2041

After adding a new track you can select to enable/disable the recording of the track. (Next to the “freeze” icon) Once you click on the enable/disable icon, you can select the input of the track. At the bottom of the selection window is a check option for “Echo Live Input”

Ooooo! I’m many builds behind (Projects in progress) but I’ve just d/'d the latest version on my I’net PC.

Is this a “live” button per track - like Tracktion’s “end to end”. ? ? ? ? In which case what does the “live” button do.

In any case, munchiesue, you need to set your soundcard’s mixer so it records “line in” in the Recording mixer and that “line in” is not muted in the Playback mixer.

OK. Yeah, I seen the “Echo live input” thingy. Finally. I have no clue what it does yet…

D