Living with War

is great!!!

Stream it hear

What is snoring?

Snoring is a sound that is made by the movement of air over relaxed throat and tongue muscles. During sleep, the breathing muscles relax much more than when a person is awake. The throat and tongue muscles loosen and sag. This may partially block your windpipe, causing noise when you breathe

Too funny Clark :laugh: …good one!

Snoring is also a sign of sleep apnea, a dangerous condition.

Whatsa matter you guys don’t like Neil? :)

Quote (TomS @ May 11 2006,00:20)

Whatsa matter you guys don't like Neil? :)

At least Neil gets listened to! Jackson Browne didn't get squat!

KingFish
Quote (KingFish @ May 11 2006,16:56)

KingFish

Jackson Browne didn't get squat!
Are you referring to "Naked Ride Home"?
Quote (Mr Soul @ May 11 2006,04:34)
Quote (KingFish @ May 11 2006,16:56)

KingFish

Jackson Browne didn't get squat!

Are you referring to "Naked Ride Home"?
Nope.....I'm referring to the post titled "Jackson Browne".

It's a video combined with his song "Lives in the Balance".

......but no one liked my post of Pink "Dear Mr President" either.

Stu posted a link to "The Kid From Brooklyn"......and I now go there and unwind.......

KingFish

"Snoring is also a sign of sleep apnea, a dangerous condition.

Whatsa matter you guys don’t like Neil? "

A couple of aging hippies who play on peoples emotions about the war to make a fast buck. War profiteers. No more, no less. You can have them both. Enjoy.

Jeesh…Bob that’s pretty harsh. That song is so poorly written …and crappy sounding, I don’t know how Neil could be profiteering with that. I like his songs about personal hygiene much better like “A Man Need a Maid”, and his tribute to Bee Arthur “Heart of Gold”.

This is Bob’s idea of an American hero - Ted Nugent and family

Mmmmmmboy!! Babes with guns! :)

Yeah - semi-automatic guns at that. Did you notice how Nugent has his hand on the boy - probably the gun is loaded?

Hey, don’t sell old Neil short. He’s got a severely disabled son, and has several patents for assistive devices he has developed to help him. So he ain’t no dummy. A few months ago Neil had a brain aneurism. So right before surgery he pulls a multi-day recording session. So he’s no wimp either. He’s actually one of the few rock musicians that I really respect.

I think he’s sayin what he thinks and isn’t willing to sit still for something he thinks is wrong. I suspect that he knows the ‘War’ album might not be his greatest work .

So he will sacrifice musical excellence to prove a point?

Quote (StuH @ May 12 2006,01:41)
So he will sacrifice musical excellence to prove a point?

Geez...

I really do not think Neil Young and "musical excellence" are supposed to go together. But of course, that is not the point. When was it a requirement for protest songs to be written by Mozart?

and Nugent.... that guy is way outside the fringe. What kind of animal hunter needs automatic weapons anyhow???

DrGuitar is correct about Neil. Neil is about raw emotion & energy.

“If you think, you stink…”
- Neil Young

I never received the book on the definition of musical excellence. A lot of Neil’s music is absolutely excellent. No artist can hit the top all the time, but his body of work shows a very insightful and caring life that used music to convey some very real social insight to make people question what’s going on. I’ll take a couple of aging hippies anyday over most of today’s selfish money grubbing hacks that think they can make music by punching in chords into a computer program and try and hawk it as musical excellence. It seems to me that a lot of musicians today don’t even realize the shoulders their ideas are standing on and Neil’s is on of them.

Cheers
Cruiser

Cruiser - I agree with most of what you say, but a computer is just like any other musical instrument. You get out of it what you put into it. The question is what are people putting into it. My son has done some incredibly creative things with a computer that has streched my understanding of music. Certainly the stuff he has done has shortcomings, but I can’t help but listen and think ‘how cool is this idea?’ Or ‘who in the heck would have thought of that’… and so on. You might argue that chords entered into a sequencer on a computer can’t be as expressive as a guitar in the hands of a great guitarist. On the other hand, a computer in the hands [too many hands here?]of the right person can take your mind to places that a guitar never could. If you are into the purely creative aspect of music, computers can be like steroids for the mind.

Of course, you are right that they can also be as a shortcut used with no imagination whatsoever. GIGO - garbage in, garbage out.

Yeah springer you got me on the use of the computer…not a well thought out statement. My meaning was that it can sometimes supplant the effort needed for creativity and you saw that. I just really disagree with dismissing artists as not being good artists because you dislike their music…I’ve seen young musicians just slam the stones the beatles Dylan etc and they just have no idea of what they are saying…no historical perspective or context in their rants. I really despise rap and hip hop as quality music but I do recognize where it comes from and can accept it as an art form even tho my musical tastes don’t accept it. to say that Young and excellent music are mutually exclusive is just silly.

Cheers
Cruiser