Mac book air :)

Finally…I have a computer! …and not just any old computer!

I have invested in a ‘13 inch MacBook air’
:D purrrrty
:love:

I’m going to give garage band a go as soon as I get the chance (apparently it’s really very sufficient for my needs) but if i’m honest, i’m expecting to have to pay out for a copy of ‘cubase’ sooner or later. can’t wait to get going again! (if nothing else, it will be nice to be able to access my emails and post here and check Facebook at will again!)

I hope you are all well? I’m looking forward to getting back in the loop!

Quick up-de-date on life in the Swan household…Luke is now 8 weeks old and doing really well, you can check out our blog for pics etc here ‘Swan blog’ Amy is full of life and growing up very quickly! Rob’s business is going very well (hence…mac book airs…he has one too!) and i’m just starting to get back into routine and pick up long lost jobs, hobbies and loves…eg guitar! I have a private concert on the 20th Nov and am considering that my official ‘back to work’ date, am gonna start pushing on-line cd sales and my writing career, new accoustic album to follow…

So, there it is! a liccle ‘Ange’ summary
???

Speak again soon xxx

Cubase? Really? Not enough gray hair eh? :wink:

A cubase friend keeps telling me how amazing it is but he hasn’t made a note since he got the latest version.

One thing the N and R camp agree on… Cubase is awful :D

:laugh:
Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 10 2011, 1:59 PM)

One thing the N and R camp agree on.... Cubase is awful :D

:( boooo, I had my heart set on Cubase :heart-break:

Well...i'm up for any suggestions, basically, I have my Mac and My tascam, but that's it...no mic either, so it's time to invest and get back to work! Feel free to let me know what would be best for me. I don't need profesional fully produced symphonies, just demo's that will sell my songs.

It's kinda exciting to be starting over...i'm even going to re-brand as 'Angela Swan', new website, new image, new angle on my focus for the career, we've thought it through in depth and the plan of action looks really promising.

:D
Quote: (ange @ Oct. 13 2011, 4:49 PM)

:( boooo, I had my heart set on Cubase
:heart-break:

Well...i'm up for any suggestions, basically, I have my Mac and My tascam, but that's it...no mic either, so it's time to invest and get back to work! Feel free to let me know what would be best for me. I don't need profesional fully produced symphonies, just demo's that will sell my songs.

It's kinda exciting to be starting over...i'm even going to re-brand as 'Angela Swan', new website, new image, new angle on my focus for the career, we've thought it through in depth and the plan of action looks really promising.

:D

Sounds cool, Angela.

Try all DAW demos - no need to dive too deep, just pick the one that you get on with, instinctively. n-Track for Mac works, or are you allergic?;-)

oh, I kinda wasn’t really expecting ‘N’ to work on Mac! will upload it, although we’ve just been having play with ‘Garage band’ and it looks like it might be sufficient.

On another note…I had an email from a independent artist management & publishing company over your side of the pond in Boston. I’ve got a lot of snooping to do yet but it may be a door into the world of TV and Media/songwriting work :) May have to get my socks wet dipping into this offer :) mostly, I am hoping to try and arrange distribution of ‘windmills and wishes’ for next year to get it moving again and pay back my beautiful investors :;): will keep you updated on that one!

Ange x

???

And then a USA tour!!! Play the Ark in Ann Arbor! It'd be perfect for you! They'd love you! I bet your career would totally take off here. We love the accent.
http://theark.org/
Quote: (ange @ Oct. 13 2011, 4:49 PM)

:( boooo, I had my heart set on Cubase
:heart-break:

Why? What were you hoping for?

well, it was what Olly used in the studio when I did my album and I thought it looked awesome, it’s logic seemed to work, it just all seemed very natural and smooth…maybe that was just how Olly made it look! I figured that if he used it then it must be good cause I can’t fault what he does :)

…so…why not?

Ange!? How many whistles and bells d’you need?
Good mic, good interface and a program to squirt it onto your hard drive. n-T, R and the like are more than capable. Keep your head “out of the box” and crack on with your tunes.

Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 15 2011, 5:10 PM)

Ange!? How many whistles and bells d'you need?
Good mic, good interface and a program to squirt it onto your hard drive. n-T, R and the like are more than capable. Keep your head "out of the box" and crack on with your tunes.

Sorry, Ange, that sounded patronising. I'm not implying you could'nt navigate Cubase - It's huge, that's all:-)

FWIW my son runs Reaper on his Macbook and it runs really sweetly.

Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 15 2011, 5:19 PM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Oct. 15 2011, 5:10 PM)

Ange!? How many whistles and bells d'you need?
Good mic, good interface and a program to squirt it onto your hard drive. n-T, R and the like are more than capable. Keep your head "out of the box" and crack on with your tunes.

Sorry, Ange, that sounded patronising. I'm not implying you could'nt navigate Cubase - It's huge, that's all:-)

:D it's cool, you do have a valid point...of corse I could navigate Cubase :whistle: hehe, nah...you're right, it is slight overkill for what I need and would slow down my lovely speedy machine, which, by the way, I love :love: sooo purrty :love:

May have a little look at reaper, don't know why i've been avoiding it really, but that said...'N' really does do all that I need it to, i've not updated it in a while though, what are the new versions like?

Solid as a rock with double gravity.

Are we talking about on Jupiter?

Quote: (Bubbagump @ Oct. 17 2011, 10:02 AM)

Are we talking about on Jupiter?

You might be? I was talking about Breakthru2+ for the STe;-)