Makes Me Wanna

Quote:

I've noticed that some guys here don't mind correctin my spelling :laugh: but I found plenty mistakes in my last song that no one clued me in on :laugh: I personally don't want any coddeling.

now that i work once in a while, i just don't have the time required to red-pen all your grammar and spelling "liberties." :)

I just heard it through head phones. The guitars sound real good, it’s all; drums and dynamics; awsome!
Thx Jason your cool.

awesome
you’re

ha! i had a spare moment.

that’s yer in Texan. :agree: :laugh:

ha!
i prefer yer, sometimes. when my students used it in their papers i let it go. :whistle:
i use it when i feel a little austin-homesick.
along with “ally’all”

I still use, all you’ns - or is that all you’n’s ? All ya’ll is a goodern though.

Eyup!

Although I think the word is much over used, “awesome” is certainly appropriate to this tune.

Awesome!

Steve

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jun. 17 2009, 2:25 PM)

Pats on the back all around guys!
(I just archived the song file folder to DVD - 187 items in the tune. 2.8 gigs. = monster)

I've been curious to try something like this.
Meaning, a studio full of tracks on one song.
Ocassionally you'll catch me adding a second guitar part here and there as a test to see if that creates any more intrest.
And then I've thought about songs like hendrix's ALL along the watch tower production.
And wondered if a simular type production of one of my songs would cause more attention.
Hey, Jimmy singing and playin is enough.
But you knwo what I'm gettin at.
So I'm REAL intrested to see how this song fairs!
It has all the necessary ear candy.
The only drawback is the f word whick might hold back some plays, etc.
I don't mean to implay that any part of your song is week on it's own.
But this is a big production and
offers more to the ear.
Thinkin maybe we all should have one of these.
Intresting!

Hey I just found this, great tune, great sound, love the chorus,
most excellent dudes :agree:

Trusting Poppa’s “vision”, and the talents of found on this remarkable little forum was my main contribution to this project. I’m proud to be a part of it. :agree:

Quote: (kevinmyers @ Jun. 18 2009, 11:02 AM)

Trusting Poppa's "vision", and the talents of found on this remarkable little forum was my main contribution to this project. I'm proud to be a part of it. :agree:

It all fired up from your lick Kevin. Poppa built the whole tune around it and I had the lyrical ideas in my head from that quiet little lick,
Cheers mate!
Quote: (Levi @ Jun. 17 2009, 6:09 PM)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jun. 17 2009, 2:25 PM)

Pats on the back all around guys!
(I just archived the song file folder to DVD - 187 items in the tune. 2.8 gigs. = monster)

I've been curious to try something like this.
Meaning, a studio full of tracks on one song.
Ocassionally you'll catch me adding a second guitar part here and there as a test to see if that creates any more intrest.
And then I've thought about songs like hendrix's ALL along the watch tower production.
And wondered if a simular type production of one of my songs would cause more attention.
Hey, Jimmy singing and playin is enough.
But you knwo what I'm gettin at.
So I'm REAL intrested to see how this song fairs!
It has all the necessary ear candy.
The only drawback is the f word whick might hold back some plays, etc.
I don't mean to implay that any part of your song is week on it's own.
But this is a big production and
offers more to the ear.
Thinkin maybe we all should have one of these.
Intresting!

I thought long and hard about the 'f' word Levi after I had done the lyrics. But changing it and toning it down just didn't cut it somehow. Never used that word in lyrics before and might never again......but have to stand by the decision now, unless Kevin or Poppa really think it would hold the song back.

We could do a Ned Flanders version! “It’s all so hi-diddly pointless.” Yea that rocks! :p

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jun. 18 2009, 11:46 AM)

We could do a Ned Flanders version! "It's all so hi-diddly pointless." Yea that rocks! :p

That would get it played on Sesame St :) Anyway, I guess I'm already off the U.N. Christmas party invite list :whistle:

I’m definitely not worried about offending the U.N. Wish they were more worried about offending me, but that ain’t gonna happen.

Loved it guys! Great job everyone! This one gets the ol 5 thumbs up!

:agree: :agree: :agree: :agree: :agree:

Liked the range of the dynamics in this one. Really helps make the louder and heavier parts louder and heavier. Nice work you guys!

I was wondering El, if you left all the tracks wild and free or did you freeze any into groupings to complete your mix? I’ve never used groupings except for drum tracks that needed addidional chopping. You?

My definition of ‘freezing’ is to draw the envelope the way I like it and not touch it until the 50th listen demands it, if at all. I never freeze a track. Everything is left free to change. A mental note of “Don’t touch that fader!” is my freeze. I rarely mind myself though.
In this project I did do one thing I rarely do. I left the drums midi. I would normally mix the mid to wav. I’m getting so use to having to add subtleties to drum parts that I left it midi until the very end when I added a small hi-hat change in one spot, and through-out the project I had planned on some major tom hits in one area that never seemed to be called for after all. So up to final mix time I had the 8 channels of drums still channels and not wavs. Having spent so much time on it I decided to leave them as is. It also saved me 8 tracks at around 70 megabytes each of space which I’m needing more of these days.