MAXTRAX

7 of 11 - click on the strange looking icon that is left of the three dials om track master fader - this opens the compresser / EQ panel - when open, click in compressor presets and choose SOFT LIMITER - the long VU meter wii show output upto 0db, when output goes over 0db the smaller VU meter will show how much the compressor is reducing the output to keep it at 0db -

its soft clipping that does work, MAX LOAD stops the output VU meter from showing the RED clip leds when output goes over 0db -

Dr J

The SnagIt program will let you capture,
zoom on a part of your capture,
with a select and clip function and
let you re-scale (larger).
Very versatile screen capture program.

Hi sevenOfeleven:
That Snagit Utility sounds interesting… Do you have a link to where the download might be?

Bill…

Snagit comes from www.techsmith.com

Speaking of images - how do you post an image to this site at all? When I click on IMAGE button is asks for a URL. Do I have to have a web page to post pictures?

Quote:

Speaking of images - how do you post an image to this site at all? When I click on IMAGE button is asks for a URL. Do I have to have a web page to post pictures?

Yep...gotta have somewhere to stick them. That's why I suggested sending them to me if photobucket wasn't working out (PM me to get the info needed to post them to phootoons. I haven't set it up yet since no one has asked). I won't stomp on the resolution.
Quote:

I won't stomp on the resolution.

Hi phoo,

Photobucket doesn't stomp on the resolution either. It's the iKonForums software or a setting that Flavio has to adjust that kills images inside posts. I post pics all the time in other forums and they always look great. I'm guessing it's a setting in the software to conserve server resources and/or ISP bandwidth... you know, all of that sort of webbernettin' type malarkey. :)

D

Hi woxnerw and all

bax3 gave the website
I use the old 5.0 version available
from their site (I think they’re up to ver. 8 or 9)
The other thing is that it’s fully functional
for all the important stuff.
But here’s an example of how you can close
in on a detail.