Maybe there is some truth to the old rumor

I repeat…Ali, YOU are a NUT CASE!

TG

Just bumping Cruiser’s idea.

Which I think is great! :D

I’m fairly flexible as to times and places, so, what does everyone else think?

I think it would be Ok to bring our instruments, or, wives/girlfiends/significant others, but, no penguin scalps ok?
???

Ali

And just WHAT is wrong with Penguin scalps!?!?!? Fried up into little Peng-ee chips, they are pretty tasty!! :D :D :D

TG

My son (whose 12) will soon be able to out ski me.

Mr. Soul's nightmare: finds a copy of the National Review under his boy's mattress. :D

Or better yet, a GWB poster hanging on his wall!

Quote (Mr Soul @ Feb. 18 2005,23:18)
I'll look forward to getting away but I'll miss you guys. You know, despite all our political differences, I like all you guys, because you're musicians, you have creative minds, strong opinions (which I do respect), etc. etc. So take it easy.

Mr Soul

Ditto dude.

It's cool to chat with people from all over the world, share stories, opinions etc...with an argument or two thrown in for good measure. Diversity. I like it!

You know if everybody was just like ME....THAT WOULD SUCK!

TG :D :D

If everyone was like you TG, then everyone would be playing strats, THAT WOULD SUCK! :D

anyone remember the KLAUTU scam? thats was spoosed to the beatles in disguise,lol,an people bought it,

Quote (YazMiester @ Feb. 20 2005,05:39)
If everyone was like you TG, then everyone would be playing strats, THAT WOULD SUCK! :D

LMAO! :D :D :D

Hey. That's not funny.. :D

TG
...slaughtering penguins!
I find that clubbing baby seals is much more invigorating. Anyway, my knees are too messed up to chase penguins these day.
I find that clubbing baby seals is much more invigorating. Anyway, my knees are too messed up to chase penguins these day.

Don't be silly Phoo, you don't chase penguins!

You just use a short nun as a decoy, then ya club 'em as they walk past! :D

(PS, After you roast them, don't eat the one with the beads and the cross; they taste nasty :( )

Ali

phoo, you’re not the fur trapper are ya? who came trudging across the tundra?

oh and TG, let’s get a band going, yes, you can play yer strat, I’ll play me Paul.

My daddy was a Gibson, my mother a Fender, that’s why they call me. Mind Bender.

Quote (YazMiester @ Feb. 21 2005,05:42)
My daddy was a Gibson, my mother a Fender, that's why they call me. Mind Bender.

Man....memories.....I ain't heard that song in YEARS! I need to get one o' them thar talk boxes.........

TG

No. I’m one of the penguins in disguise. :)

(Ask Sean)

Quote (phoo @ Feb. 21 2005,11:16)
No. I'm one of the penguins in disguise. :)

(Ask Sean)

True dat. Word. :D
Quote (wozz @ Feb. 20 2005,10:09)
anyone remember the KLAUTU scam? thats was spoosed to the beatles in disguise,lol,an people bought it,,,,,

Yeah, I remember the Klaatu deal, and there were certain points in certain tunes that made you go "hmm.....maybe". And then there was the thing where nobody from Klaatu was ever credited on any of the records until their last one, I think. (Is that right, phoo?) So, there was a fair amount of mystery involved with them. They turned out to be a bunch of Canadian session guys that nobody ever heard of who did the Klaatu thing on the side, as I recall. Actually, Klaatu was awesome - their album "Hope" is one of my all time faves. Great stuff.
...nobody from Klaatu was ever credited on any of the records until their last one, I think. (Is that right, phoo?)
I think so. It's close in any case. That was part of the mystique. Why deny or expose when that would probably kill th publicity machine that was running rampant at the time.

The do have writer's credits with their names on the CDs now, other than just Klaatu (Hope is all Klaatu, but the first one shows a few names now). I've got only four

I still like the very first one best: Little Neutrino specifically....WHOOO that's cool song....followed by Sir Army Suit....but who can forget Anus of Uranus and the fuzz bass?

Hey Wozz,

I do remember Klaatu - I remember the whole “Beatles Re-United” thing - It’s kind of Ironic, I don’t think they ever meant to do that. Turns out they were a group of Canadian studio guys with too much time on their hands.

Personally, I thought they did at least 2 good albums. It really peeved my off when The Carpenters covered “Calling Occupants” and got a hit with it. I didn’t think for a minute they sounded like the Beatles, but I thought they were a good band anyway.

My ex-wife kept my entire vinyl collection as I ran screaming with a steak knife in the side of my face (a story of another day). So I really miss those two albums.

.-=gp=-.