Me And My Old Man

I had stupidly posted this is macmic’s Tour post. (sorry 'bout that - twas rude of me) I got to reading the lyric and thought I’d post it.

Me And My Old Man

:agree: Good song, good lyrics, should'a been a chartbuster in 1988. Should be on the charts in 2008!

Hey! Nice song Tommy, beautifully balanced mix and nice ‘story’ lyrics.
Cheers,
Ian

Yeah, that’s great!

Great lyrics there Tommy. Production excellent as ever.

When did you stop selling your tunes?

It goes to what I’ve been preaching to you. If you want to be in the Music Business it takes Music AND Business - I can’t handle the business side. I gave it up in '89. Learn that lesson or you’ll end up an old fart on the net posting old songs that are dated and obsolete.

Pish posh dated and obsolete!!

I’m learning Tommy…learning that there’s a LOT more business/marketing required than actual songwriting…the ‘music business’ is more business than music…but I’m eternally grateful for your gentle nudge, and your expert advice!

Good :agree:

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 25 2008, 5:06 PM)

It goes to what I've been preaching to you. If you want to be in the Music Business it takes Music AND Business - I can't handle the business side. I gave it up in '89. Learn that lesson or you'll end up an old fart on the net posting old songs that are dated and obsolete.

Too late! :D

I’d say if the song is good, it never becomes outdated or obsolete…

Music-and-Business…

10%

90%

That’s a Nice Kick…
on that song…
Me And My Old Man

George Strait
did a song on one of his CD’s…
way back when…
It had a nice kick mixed into the song…

Bill…

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jul. 25 2008, 6:06 PM)

you'll end up an old fart on the net posting old songs that are dated and obsolete.

Spying on me again, eh Mr. Willis? :)
Are your songs dated, nooooooooooooo.
Is my tunes dated?
Yes, obsoletely!

This song brought a tear to my eyes this morning. If a song moves you emotionally, it's gotta be good!

Mr. Willis.

heheheheh, gotta respect my "ELDERS"

Even if it's just a couple years.

hey, cool!
a Depot Bay reference.
one of my favorite, quiet spots on the oregon coast.
Eat at the “sea hag” if you’re ever there. probably not the one you were referring to, though, i’m sure.

your stuff is always so clean, crisp, and great.
a real joy to listen to.
you and craig need to do some kind of “song production to the death” tv special.
televise the whole “behind the scenes” process, and the end the loser dies by having to eat the winner’s CD.
It could be a whole bracketed tournament (single elimination, naturally).
the winner could win a jewel case for the cd, or something.
i’d watch that.

Quote:

you and craig need to do some kind of "song production to the death" tv special. televise the whole "behind the scenes" process, and the end the loser dies by having to eat the winner's CD. It could be a whole bracketed tournament (single elimination, naturally). the winner could win a jewel case for the cd, or something. i'd watch that.

Yeah! :agree:

You really got something with this song Tommy. Not only is the production superb and crystal clear. But that bloody first line in the chorus has been bugging me all day long :)
Guess I’ll have to learn the rest cos the Mrs says she’s fed up hearing "Me and my old man, …da dee da dee da"
Cheers,
Ian

Funny stuff jdet… Oregon coast is my favorite ‘rainy night’ place.
I regret to this day not taking Mickey Newbury up on his invitation to stay up there with him.

Quote: (john doe's evil twin @ Jul. 26 2008, 10:01 AM)

you and craig need to do some kind of "song production to the death" tv special.
televise the whole "behind the scenes" process, and the end the loser dies by having to eat the winner's CD.
It could be a whole bracketed tournament (single elimination, naturally).
the winner could win a jewel case for the cd, or something.
i'd watch that.

Don't even go there....I'm not even fit to dust Poppas guitar where production is concerned... :(

Thanks Bruffie - my ego is back intact.

Craig you ignorant slut. (I love that line for some reason - SNL)

'nuff said… thanks fellers.

Quote:

That’s a Nice Kick… on that song… Me And My Old Man

My drummer on that one.

Great song Poppa W!

Well done. :agree:

D

come on by pops, and i’ll show ya around the north oregon coast. no better rainy day spot than there, in my opinion. and so many great places to eat!

craig, you should do the death contest. you just need proper sponsorship, then you’ll feel better. maybe the folks at the ‘sea hag’ will get you a t-shirt or something. best clam chowder in depot bay! (and blackberry cobbler).