merging MIDI tracks

18 into 1 will go

MIDI TRACKS MERGE -

i recently downloaded some free (simple) MIDI drum tracks -

LINK - http://www.fivepinpress.com/drum_patterns.html

when i opened them i found (GROAN) that they where multitrack MIDI files - there is no reason for this VILE HABIT as (unless it is for a specified sampler/drum VSTi) a single track MIDI file is all that
is required for drum tracks - so how to get all those tracks onto one track ? -

Mmnnnnn - AHH, let me see - I used to use the Jazz++ MIDI sequencer for this but with the improvments to MIDI capability i can now do this in N track -

firstly i would suggest that you open a new folder to recieve the converted MIDI tracks so keeping them seperate from the originals -

IMPORT A MIDI FILE into N - to make a single track out of the multitracks simply drag all the tracks onto the first track - make sure when you drag the track that its start position is hard against the left side of the timeline or you could lose the tracks position -

now remove the empty tracks - FILE - export MIDI file - give file a name - save -

FILE - new - import just exported fila and it will return as a single track with all notes in the right places -

WHAT DOES THAT GIVE US ? - well now there is only one piano roll instead on one per track so editing is easier - and as you can import loads of MULTITRACK MIDI DRUM FILES into N and doing the above you can build up a complicated drum track with ease -

I CAME UP WITH THIS - MIDI MASH UP -

http://www.filefactory.com/file/a0474e1/n/MASH_UP_mp3

it contains some 18 seperate MIDI tracks from three drum styles (Rock / Funk / Blues) dragged to form a single track and some clasical, organ and synth samples dragged onto the pads of N
Track Drums to give a you a different slant on what you can do with NTD -

M.R.

NOTEPAD let me down (AGAIN) sorry for the disjointd post

M.R.

Quote: (Magic Rabbit @ Jan. 30 2009, 6:08 PM)

MIDI TRACKS MERGE -

i recently downloaded some free (simple) MIDI drum tracks -

LINK
-

http://www.fivepinpress.com/drum_patterns.html

when i opened them i found (GROAN) that they where multitrack MIDI files -
there is no reason for this VILE HABIT as (unless it is for a specified sampler/drum VSTi) a single track MIDI file is all that
is required for drum tracks - so how to get all those tracks onto one track ? -

Sep tracks for each drum can be quite handy depending on where and how you want to route them.

Anyway, if you d/l the ZIP file on that site you'll find that it includes TYPE 0 and TYPE 1 versions of all of the MIDI files... best of both worlds!

Interesting - hippity hoppity loopity kind of thing there Doc Wabbitt :agree:

COULD YOU HAVE SQUASHED IT A BIT MORE? WOW! 'BOUT BLEW MY EARBALLS OUT!! :laugh: :laugh:

D

Which files did you use doc?

which files ? - i picked then rather at random, rock - funk - blues - then squashed them to one track i could not exactly remember which ones i used - the result sounded OK as plain drums, but i decided to play around with dropping different samples into NTD pads that that was good fun -

M.R.

THanks for the ideas M.R.

I am going to be using midi with my DigiTech GNX 4 so I need to know as much about it as I can and how to do thing in N with it.

keep shinin

jerm :cool: