Metronome record problem

bamfoozled!

I have been having this metronome record problem since upgrading to v4.0.5. Hoping someone could provide some help. :D

Trying to record an audio click track. I have the metronome set to play back only on record and selected my Yami synth, ch 10, note 37 as the MIDI note device, Yamaha USB Out 0-1(this doesn’t seem to matter as it acts the same with the MS Wavetable synth). Audio out of the Yami goes to input on my MOTU 828MKII using ASIO drivers.

When I start recording, a flurry of notes appears, sometimes a few, sometimes alot, then silence for awhile and it might start clicking again a few seconds or more, or it might just hangup N.

Every once in a great moon, it will start the recording without a hitch. I also don’t ever remember this happening in ver.3.

Any clues?

Many Thanx,
Rick

I just remembered…this flurry of notes occurring with the metronome also occurs when not recording the click track, but when recording any track while listening to the metronome. I tried another synth box connected to the midi out of the MOTU with the same results.

Maybe check that you have wav timer and not system timer selected in the proeferences. Both in the Options and Midi tabs.

Also do you have “Keep devices open” checked in the Midi settings (not the audio device window)

What midi devices do you have selected for you input and output ports in your midi settings?

Quote (RichLum @ Sep. 01 2005,23:35)
Maybe check that you have wav timer and not system timer selected in the proeferences. Both in the Options and Midi tabs.

Also do you have "Keep devices open" checked in the Midi settings (not the audio device window)

What midi devices do you have selected for you input and output ports in your midi settings?

Unchecking the system timer in the preferences did the trick.

Internal timer in MTC/MIDI Clock Sync was unchecked.

I unchecked "Use system timer for" playback time and and record time. Is this correct?

THANKS!

Rick

yeah. Generally you want to use your soundcard clock instead of the system one… not sure why the system ones default to to… Everyone seems to need to untick them to fix sync issues of various sorts…

Glad you got it fixed.

Rich