midi clips in beta build 2433

Close but close at 85 bpm is not close enough.

Also drag and drop midi clips from EZDrummer always go to where n wants them to go (new track) and the same “Want to use midi file tempo map?” each time I drag a clip. Makes me talk badly to the computer. :angry:

Bump!

Quote:

Makes me talk badly to the computer. :angry:

That doesn't work. I've tried it a number of times, and the computer just sits there staring at me.

wooden shoe?!

it is unfortunate that MIDI clips generated by propierty software are designed to ONLY PLAY CORRECTLY in that software - TEMPO MAP can bo overcome by using Inport MIDI files option (yes /no box)- BUT there are many MANY other things that are contained within a MIDI file to stop you from using thses clips on N - PROGRAM CHANGES that cannot be removed will change MIDI settings everytime a clip is played, this is an illigitmate when trying to put clips through another instrument -

before it started fouling up my system i put MIDI clips through the (free) JAZZ MIDI sequencer - worth giving it a try - insert clip into JAZZ then export it again -

i am now looking for another app that that wont crash WIN 2K that will permantly strip out program changes and tempo maps -

other than that new MIDI clips handling is GREAT -

M.R.

sigh

Quote:

t is unfortunate that MIDI clips generated by propierty software are designed to ONLY PLAY CORRECTLY in that software -

That's not the case at all M.R. The clips from EZD are standard MIDI files that work just fine in every application I have tried them in... except for n-Track where I have decided the "n" stands for No MIDI clips.

D
Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 18 2009, 6:21 PM)

The problem with looping of MIDI parts should be fixed in build 2435.
Dragging and dropping MIDI parts into existing tracks will be implemented in one of the next beta builds.

Flavio.

Yeah! Or should I say yaaaaaa!

A tempered “Yee Haw” will suffice.

Man… I’d hate to see the Red-Skin that shot that arrow… he’d be a biggun!

D

Could have been a whitie in incognito shootin that arrrow.
I think the tell’tale sign is that arrow.
Much to huge for a Indians arrow.

Hey Punky, what are you doin stealing danners pic?

So I’m a 2 bit hack… Thanks for explaining the drag and drop midi clip “design” for me D re: the EZDrummer program. It is designed to drag and drop into a “sequencer” - does work well in other programs. It is not designed to work within itself but in another program - hence the VSTi. That’s like saying a reverb plugin should work by itself.

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Jan. 20 2009, 7:55 AM)

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Jan. 18 2009, 6:21 PM)

The problem with looping of MIDI parts should be fixed in build 2435.
Dragging and dropping MIDI parts into existing tracks will be implemented in one of the next beta builds.

Flavio.

Yes and No... inserted clips still do not insert to the proper length. A clip that I know inserts properly as one measure in other softies, somehow gets shorted when inserted into n-Track. Of course, this throws looping out of whack big time.

D

Also, if you open an existing project with EZD on an instrument track, EZD will not initialize and load samples until you toggle the “Live” button. That should not be necessary.

D

And once you minimize or ‘close’ EZDrummer - I have not found a way to ‘bring it back’ ???

Yee haa! PW? Do you eq your drums to get that sound?

Yes I do. I actually work hard on the sounds I go for. My problem is trying too hard most of the time.

:laugh: lovin the avatar but darn man, this is cuttin danner out! Thought you liked it clean? lol