MIDI selection causes 'Play'

When making any left-click commands to MIDI notes/events on a piano roll n-T7 starts to “Play” and then ignores any loop selection and the Play position line vanishes.

Just me?

we had that in 4 too,

thought it was fixed.

dontcare :cool:

Quote: (dontcare @ Jan. 26 2013, 4:54 PM)

we had that in 4 too,

thought it was fixed.

dontcare
:cool:

In that case, it's back.

Yeah,

when I first started Midi editing in the piano roll in 4 I remember strange goings on, all of the sudden with just the mouse the song would begin to play and the time line disappear…

I’d have to stop the play, reset the timeline and begin working again, cross fingers and hope it didn’t happen again.

Like I said I thought it was some weird anomaly that was fixed because it doesn’t happen in v5.

it was like a runaway train!

dontcare :cool:

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 25 2013, 5:12 PM)

When making any left-click commands to MIDI notes/events on a piano roll n-T7 starts to "Play" and then ignores any loop selection and the Play position line vanishes.

Just me?

Tony,

we've reproduced a bug by which the program would not loop the first time the playback was started with the loop button active. It would however correctly loop according to the time axis selection on any subsequent start of the playback. This will be fixed in the next build.

We weren't able to reproduce any incorrect behavior when left clicking on MIDI notes/events in the piano roll. You mean that that the actual song playback starts when left clicking on a MIDI note?
If you are referring to the fact that when you left click on a MIDI note you hear that note, this can be disabled deactivating the small speaker icon in the right part of the pianoroll toolbar.

Thanks,
Flavio.
Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Jan. 30 2013, 5:18 AM)

Quote: (TonyR @ Jan. 25 2013, 5:12 PM)

When making any left-click commands to MIDI notes/events on a piano roll n-T7 starts to "Play" and then ignores any loop selection and the Play position line vanishes.

Just me?

Tony,

we've reproduced a bug by which the program would not loop the first time the playback was started with the loop button active. It would however correctly loop according to the time axis selection on any subsequent start of the playback. This will be fixed in the next build.

We weren't able to reproduce any incorrect behavior when left clicking on MIDI notes/events in the piano roll. You mean that that the actual song playback starts when left clicking on a MIDI note?
If you are referring to the fact that when you left click on a MIDI note you hear that note, this can be disabled deactivating the small speaker icon in the right part of the pianoroll toolbar.

Thanks,
Flavio.

Thanks, Flavio.

You were right in the first instance, where, song playback starts when left clicking on a MIDI note. (I'll check later whether it's when in Select mode or Add mode or both.

As for my earlier grumble regarding timeline section not expanding automatically as notes are added to a pianoroll track is only when single notes are step written. This is not the case when copying and pasting sections - automatic expansion behaves as it should.