Mixer Static

My ub1202 goes hsssssssssss!

hey all,

I just ordered a Behringer ub1202 mixer off ebay for a pretty decent price.

I guess I was assuming i’d have noiseless preamps and components when I use my device, but even if I have -nothing- plugged into any of my outputs i still get fairly obtrusive hissing out of the outputs when i turn up the volumes [the hissing is loud enough to show up on the vumeter].

is this just a typical mixer noise [this is my first mixer] or do i need to contact the seller about an exchange?

Check to make sure all trim pots are turned counter clockwise for each channel, then individually check each channel with fader to see if this could be a problem. It could very well be a fried channel or sub group channel. Or maybe even a pre or post aux. make sure all eq knobs are at 12 o’clock position too, so nothing is being pumped up on the eq. If all this checks out then could be board has problem.

hope this helps.
Yaz :D

If all Yaz’s tips don’t find your problem, I’d definitely suspect a bad board. I suppose you checked your cables and connections over REAL good? My dad has several Berry mixers from the little UB’s up to the big MX 24 channel jobbies. They are all dead quiet. Decent units for the price IMO…

TG

I’ve never used a Behringer but that definitely doesn’t sound right. Re-read the eBay description for your mixer & contact the seller & ask him. If they item was sold “as is”, you’re basically screwed unless the seller is a good guy.

Mr Soul

I have the Berhinger MX 3282A 32 channel board, it’s dead quite as TG said. Double check your patch cords excellant idea,(Man, I need TG around when I’m doofising my set ups) also which outputs are you using to what amplification? You may be over driving something.

My ub1202 did the same thing, I wound up picking up a ground loop isolator from Raq Shack, killed all noise/hissing from the mixer.

http://www.radioshack.com/product…270-054

JD

Quote (caxn @ Feb. 16 2005,13:14)
My ub1202 did the same thing, I wound up picking up a ground loop isolator from Raq Shack, killed all noise/hissing from the mixer.

http://www.radioshack.com/product....270-054

JD

how did you end up implementing this with your mixer to solve the problem?