MME vs WDM

whooo

The cause for my computers sluggish performance with nTrack; I somehow had my audio device set to WDM and have struggled mastering for the past month. Switching back to MME has put performance back to normal and I’m back in the game! :agree: yeehaa

Quote: (Levi @ Jan. 18 2010, 6:09 PM)

The cause for my computers sluggish performance with nTrack;
I somehow had my audio device set to WDM and have struggled mastering for the past month.
Switching back to MME has put performance back to normal and I'm back in the game!
:agree: yeehaa

Perhaps, but now your recordings won't have as much......mojo. :laugh:

Something I’ve advocated a long time is trying all the different devices to see which ones work best. Many folks don’t need the lower latency that can be had through WDM and ASIO, so they may be better off with the old trusty MME, in spite of what may be the most common rule of thumb.

I’ve used MME since day one with my Echo Audio devices and have have virtually none of the troubles others have had.

Every system is a little different.

Quote: (flanders @ Jan. 18 2010, 6:28 PM)

Quote: (Levi @ Jan. 18 2010, 6:09 PM)

The cause for my computers sluggish performance with nTrack;
I somehow had my audio device set to WDM and have struggled mastering for the past month.
Switching back to MME has put performance back to normal and I'm back in the game!
:agree: yeehaa

Perhaps, but now your recordings won't have as much......mojo.
:laugh:

:D Hojo hands and black cat bones cowboy! :laugh: Makin some happy grooves now as opposed to pissers :agree:
Quote: (phoo @ Jan. 18 2010, 9:58 PM)

Something I've advocated a long time is trying all the different devices to see which ones work best. Many folks don't need the lower latency that can be had through WDM and ASIO, so they may be better off with the old trusty MME, in spite of what may be the most common rule of thumb.

I've used MME since day one with my Echo Audio devices and have have virtually none of the troubles others have had.

Every system is a little different.

:agree:
Ya know no one is doin it so I suppose org vorbis doesn't work.
BUT I've saved and unpacked enough song files to know that you can compress your tracks to org vorbis and convert them back to wav with no ill effect to the tracks.
Why not mix and master in orgness?
I have to admitt I've not seen an OV track so maybe it shows no content? Seems like that could be a way to get smoothest performance with the least cpu usage.
Thinkin of going out for a truck full of memory sticks. :laugh:
I know I had to remix and eq the same song tracks in mme to get close to the same sound I had with wdm.
Then was able to improve the mix because I had the ease of performance enabling me to tweek without cussin!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ogg_Vorbis