more n-track problems

Now I’ve noticed that when I record something, it creates more tracks.

Whenever I record something, I create a blank audio track, arm it, set it to record my asio from the soundcard. I hit record, do whatever, and then stop. Then it creates the wav I just recorded on the track I created, but it also creates 5 other tracks, with wav files on the same spot I recorded.

I’m thinkin n-track has some bugs in the ASIO department. Or maybe it just can’t work with the emu ‘soundcard as a mixer’ setup. I really wanted to get n-track, as it is priced so nice, but I think I may go with cakewalk home studio or cubasis se for a little more.

Somebody change my mind!
Thanks again,
Stully

I'm thinkin n-track has some bugs in the ASIO department.

Maybe, but this ain't one of them. What is happening is that N-track is set to create a new track for every input you have. I haven't used ASIO for a while so I can't remember if the process is the same, but with my Delta 44 and the WDM drivers I get a recording VU for each input (ie 4 of them) (press F5 to get the the VU meters).

Click on the red dot at the bottom of each VU and select "disable" (notice that it defaults to "record to a new track). Note that you don't have to create a blacnk track and arm it - by default in N-track all you have to do is hit Record.

HTH

Mark

Ah, I see. Thank you very much.

As soon as I get a chunk of freetime I’m gonna go through it with the manual, and try to figure all this out on my own.

Appreciate it!
Stully

Reading the manuals and help files is a VERY good way to start.