MOTU 2408 mkII ?

anyone familiar?

Anyone familiar with the MOTU 2480 mkII?

The reason I ask is I have one, just not real sure what to do with it.
For instance, I notice it has D-sub connections on it but it does not say if they are ins or outs…

Also, I have a friend who want’s to sell me their 1224 with a MOD and a 424 card (I only have the 324) but have no idea how to link the two or if I should just get another 2408.

The reason I need to know is because the 2408 has (3) lightpipe ADAT out’s and I own a few ADAT’s and wanted to mess around with but I have no idea how many signals go out each pipeline, there are only 8 inputs on the MOTU so that does not split up evenly into 3 outs, also how would I get the 1224 signals to go out the 2408 ADAT outs?

sorry if this is yesterdays news and common knowledge to most here but I really am clueless when it comes to this stuff and NEED HELP! desperately seeking MOTU guru…

keep shinin

jerm :cool:

Also had anyone used this with NTrack?..stupid question, guess I should have asked before I got one…

keep shinin

Holy Cow Jerm - what’s next - Satellites ?
Haven’t done lightpipe in 20 years. :laugh:

Weellll…I have the 828mk3 - but I don’t use any of the fancy stuff - just the analog ins and outs…

Quote: (sevenOfeleven @ Mar. 17 2010, 1:28 AM)

Holy Cow Jerm - what's next - Satellites ?
Haven't done lightpipe in 20 years.
:laugh:

I don't know why, it's still the lightest way to hook up devices involving conversion, ONE thin ADAT cable for 8 signals as apposed to a fat 1/4 in. snake.

keep shinin

“still the lightest:)

I was going to say easiest but that would seem moronic in a thread asking for help for something complicated to the OP poster!

I really don’t understand the attitude people have toward ADAT these days, although it is an older technology at one time it was the latest and I can think of at least 10 of my favorite albums that were recorded on them…but we and “PC’s” are so much better now…can’t think of ONE album in my all time favorites that was recorded on a PC.

keep shinin

All my top ten favs were recorded to tape. :agree:

Let’s hear your list, Jeremy!