MP3 dll

MP3 dll files

I’m really having a hard time understanding the explanation for saving files to mp3. I have downlaoded the mp3 dll files in my n-Track folder. Is there a way move thoses dll files into the n-track program so the option for file conversion appears when you mixdown? If not, how to I use the mp3 files to mixdown to mp3? I’m so confussed. Please help.

I see you here Bax…
I’ll delay my reply to this thread…

Hi wordub:

The later versions and builds of n-Track have to ability to process any combination of music files on it’s timeline, at the same time…
I think n-Track will convert/process .ogg .wdm .wav and mp3 files at the same time on the same timeline.
At Mixdown/Render time after the files have been edited n-track will render/mixdown those files to a .wav file in whatever bit reselution you choose…

Before that update, n-Track would only process.wav files and… they all had to be in the same resolution…
AND…
if the files were in another file extension they had to be processed to.wav files using an external file converter utility…

Bill…

I seem to have the same problem.
Having trouble creating a mp3 from the .sng file I have downloaded the lame 3.98 but the program can not find it.

Truth is, I seem to get better mp3s using Goldwave. Maybe just me.

Quote: (wordub @ Aug. 23 2008, 10:29 AM)

I'm really having a hard time understanding the explanation for saving files to mp3. I have downlaoded the mp3 dll files in my n-Track folder. Is there a way move thoses dll files into the n-track program so the option for file conversion appears when you mixdown? If not, how to I use the mp3 files to mixdown to mp3? I'm so confussed. Please help.

The Lame dll shouldn't necessarily be placed in the n-Track folder. You can download the dll (from http://ntrack.com/redist/lame.html), unzip it into any folder in your computer, even the desktop.
The first time that n-Track will try to create an mp3 file, it will ask you to locate the Lame dll. A box with two big "Download" and "Locate Lame dll" buttons will pop up. Click on the Locate button and select the folder where you placed the Lame dll that you downloaded.
Also see the FAQ here

To get n-Track 6.0 to create an mp3 file simply select File/Save As and select .mp3 as the extension of the file to save to, from the "Save As type" extension drop-down box.

Flavio.