Multitrack masters

Have you guys found them yet

I’m not sure of the legality of this, but I’ve discovered multi-track masters of some very well known songs on the 'net.

I have it on very good authority :whistle: that some, like Bohemian Rhaposody are excellent :whistle: 24 tracks of pure bliss (so I understand).

Anyway, someone told me that the best way to find them is to search for “multitrack master” in your favourite torrent search engine. :whistle:

There are two versions of BoRap around - one is mp3 and the other is wav - and a much bigger download.

Enjoy! (I know I would be if I was )

Maybe I could do a coupla extract guitar tracks and post my version of BoRap in the “covers” section of the competion?

Killer Queen. Oh man!

Yes, I’m not saying that I don’t have a motown tune or a peter gabriel tune…

Hi Mark A:

What a great idea and project to work on…
I see it as a performance check as to how your machine and multi track editor behaves
compared to a pro set-up… At least in the reproduction department…
For example…
If your machine can Stream the files and if your machine’s performance can render the Two-Track let alone how/if your creativity can compete with the Real Two-Track Master…
It would be like testing your overall ability to render something that’s close to the original project…
OR
Something like that…

Bill…

There are a bunch HERE including Sgt. Peppers. Look down close to the bottom of the page.

D

Yeah, the Beatles ones are pretty cool. BUT 24 TRACKS OF FREDDIE AND CO ARE EVEN BETTER! Yeah baby.

Quote: (TomS @ May 05 2008, 12:49 PM)

Yes, I'm not saying that I don't have a motown tune or a peter gabriel tune...

Would that be a shock Tom?
Quote: (woxnerw @ May 05 2008, 2:35 PM)

Hi Mark A:
What a great idea and project to work on.. I see it as a performance check as to how your machine and multi track editor behaves compared to a pro set-up.. At least in the reproduction department.. For example.. If your machine can Stream the files and if your machine's performance can render the Two-Track let alone how/if your creativity can compete with the Real Two-Track Master.. It would be like testing your overall ability to render something that's close to the original project.. OR Something like that..

Bill..

Hi Bill, I missed your reply when I looked earlier.

The great thing about these tracks is that they sound like the song straight-off. No need for buckets of effects etc. A bit of panning and maybe a tad of reverb and it's all there. So it makes a good self-check - do my tracks sound so good straight off? - and also provides a good check for streaming 24 tracks.

The Sgt Pepper Tracks are the four tracks prior to mastering - in other words the tracks from the additional 4 track machine are already mixed into these four so you don’t really get full control to do a proper re-master.

That said, they are still pretty neat. I stumbled onto them maybe 6 months ago and never did figure out how they got out. The ones I found were:

Sgt Pepper
With A Little Help From My Friends
She’s Leaving Home
A Day In The Life

I don’t know if anything else from that album was leaked, but I doubt it.

Quote: (BillClarke @ May 07 2008, 1:16 PM)

The Sgt Pepper Tracks are the four tracks prior to mastering - in other words the tracks from the additional 4 track machine are already mixed into these four so you don't really get full control to do a proper re-master.

That said, they are still pretty neat. I stumbled onto them maybe 6 months ago and never did figure out how they got out. The ones I found were:

Sgt Pepper
With A Little Help From My Friends
She's Leaving Home
A Day In The Life

I don't know if anything else from that album was leaked, but I doubt it.

I've not seen anything else from the Beatles Bill.

Yes, being recorded on 4-track machines, there's a lot of bouncing going on on those tracks you mention. Still very interesting.

I think some of these tracks are appearing as the result of tapes being transferred to digital at some point in their life. I read somewhere that the Queen ones came about when the album was remixed for 5.1. Some enterprising person managed to grab a copy of the digital tracks somewhere along the line.

I also read somewhere that some of the studios were selling off old tapes without wiping them.... the lucky buyers found more than they bargained for....

Hi Gents on this Thread:

How fascinating and interesting…

What’s being described here in the technical sense is exactly the direction of how I’d like to see the next version of n-Track and builds to progress… That is, how I see it…

This is so the time line can be preserved and so a new time line doesn’t have to be created…

Sub Groups/Groups can be rendered from the mix down point/time line…
then be re-inserted unto the original time line This preserves the conditions of the original time line…
Effects such as compressors limiters dynamic processors delays etc., can be inserted into the Groups of choice/interest without having to remove the group from the time line and causing Latency-and-Streaming stress on the multi track editor and computer’s resources… as it applies to the project’s continuance’s/creativity…

That means adding Group Rendering to the Markdown’s Window where Track Rendering is done…

I’m very adamant on seeing this feature added to n-Track’s options…

If it not there… so it can be used…
It can’t be done…

Bill…