My favourite recording books

What are yours?

I thought it worthwhile sharing our favourite reading resources on the subject of recording. Add yours below…

One of my favourite books on recording is “The Mixing Engineer’s Handbook” by Bob Owsinski. I forget how many times I’ve re-read it. I have copious notes that I’ve made and I find the interviews very revealing.

Another book that has been of my radar, must-buy, list is “The Art of Mixing” by David Gibson. I finally bought earlier this week as an ebook from ebay. It’s excellent, and great value (about £4, what’s that in $US? about $10?).

Anyway, go here and buy it…

The Art of Mixing

(Sorry, the direct link to the ebay item appears to be too long for the forum so the link is to the Items for Sale for that Seller)

and… (Tadaa) the astute ones among you will notice that he also has the Gibson book too for the same price…

Quick delivery by email. Legit as far as I can tell. The only downside is that the pics are mono rather than colour but that hasn’t deterred from my enjoyment whatsoever. Two great books for the price of a burger and a couple of beers.

Enjoy

Mark

Hey Mark:
I have this book called… The Art of Mastering by Bob Katz… I reach for it all the time when I find myself looking for something to read and BONE UP, on… so-to-speak…

I keep it with-in arms-reach of the “Throne”, in the bathroom… :O :laugh: I can’t see any justification in wasting time, no matter where I find myself… Well…

Bill…