n-Track and EZ drummer

Any chance of getting n-Track to handle EZ drummer properly? I use it, but it doesn’t work properly.
One thing is that when I drag a drum beat to the track it automatically opens another track.
I would really like to be able to run seperate tracks for each drum as is possible with other recording softwares.
Anyone know of any n-track updates coming to take care of this?
thanks
Bill

One of the main reasons I gave up on n. Asked for a fix forever… NADA…

Sorry.

UJ

I was sure the guys were using EZ Drummer with n-Track…
It was that close for me back in v5…
I was a phone call away from getting that application for my setup back then…

Bill…

Same problem here - bought EZD and wouldn’t work. Had to find something that would to protect my investment. I bought it.

I just tried this, and it worked for me without automatically adding a new track. . .
1) Started new song
2) Add channel, Add new blank track, midi
3) in properties set channel to 10
4) From ezdrummer toontrack solo, I dragged in one of the grooves from the libraries, dragged into the new track, no problem, and dragged in a second one into the same track and joined them together.

Perhaps you guys need to compare version numbers of EZD and n?

UJ

PS Ya know… its cool posting while sitting on the throne. Droid X… poo on Apple. :laugh:

UJ, yer getting technical! Luv it.
n-track version 6.1.0, build 2637 32-bit
ezdrummer toontrack solo 64, 1.2.3
All the while “sitting” upon a TOTO MS950CG-01 Neorest 500 One Piece in a delicous Cotton White :whistle:

Also, in case it counts:
Windows 7 Home Premium (x64) (build 7600)
3.00 gigahertz Intel Core i5 750
32 kilobyte primary memory cache
8192 kilobyte secondary memory cache
64-bit ready
Multi-core (4 total)

oops sorry, wrong link in last post, meant. . .
http://webpanda.us/white_p…use.jpg
damn splinters

:laugh:

That last one is more like what I'm used to...

UJ

EZ drummer seems to be a popular option for drum loops for many DAW users. Ive got the demo version of Line 6 Riff works and the drums loops sound so realistic compared to N tracks DK drums. it would be nice if DK drums couldnt be upgraded to something on par with EZ drummer.

Loading samples into n-TD/DK is doable.

The major problem I had with EZD loops was that n would never sync them in time. The grid was always off. Dunno if Flavio ever fixed that or mot. I too was excited when I could finally drag and drop from EZD but joined clips at that time in that ver 6.0 were not keeping time with the set project BPM.

Yes Poppa, have seen some odd things with working with ezdrummer grooves.
Just now I started a fresh song, dragged in several clips, they all dropped in perfectly into the grids, and I was able to drag out the clips to extend them across multiple grids with no timing issues.
But if I copy an existing clip and try to paste it into the track, it goes to a new track, and does not fully fill the grid.
I can drag it from the new track to the original one, but there is still the problem that the clip does not fill the grid.
Also, changing the bpm does not move the clips to fit in the new grids.

rockin4themaster, I also notice that if I drag in a drum clip, but don’t drag directly to the desired track, that is I drag it across blank space on the n-track screen, it creates new empty tracks on the blank spaces.
Is that possibly what u also are seeing?

I’ve found when pasting long sections from n-TD that I’ve had to cut it into several sections then having to drag each one to the grid. I’ve got bigger worries:-)

Quote:

rockin4themaster, I also notice that if I drag in a drum clip, but don't drag directly to the desired track, that is I drag it across blank space on the n-track screen, it creates new empty tracks on the blank spaces.
Is that possibly what u also are seeing?

Hmmmmmmmm.........Maybe!?

Thanks for all the info guys!!
Never had timing issues.

Next step.....figure how to run seperate tracks for each drum.

Gonna try now......

biting tongue
biting tongue
biting tongue
biting tongue

Aw heck… forget EZDrummer in n-Track. EZDrummer ( and EVERYTHING else) works FABULOUSLY in Reaper. Grab a copy play with it… be happy.

UJ

I downloaded some TD drum samples I found and put them in the folder with all the drum samples but N Drums doesnt recognise them. They must be a different type of file so how does one change that?

Quote: (One-way @ Dec. 07 2010, 2:09 AM)

I downloaded some TD drum samples I found and put them in the folder with all the drum samples but N Drums doesnt recognise them. They must be a different type of file so how does one change that?

Try opening and then converting them to wavs. If n-T won't open them, then audacity etc.