N-Track Compressor Sidechaining

Hi all,

could somebody please tell me whether it is a supposed behavior?

I have two audio tracks, and I am sending audio (as a send) from the 1st track to a sidechain compressor on the 2nd audio track. However, whenever I enable “sidechain monitoring” in the compressor, the track gets muted (i.e. nothing is heard), unless I set the send amount in the 1st track to “inf”.

Could somebody please help me with this?

Cheers

Quote:

Posted by Rokas
Re: N-Track compressor sidechaining custom writing reports
Hi all,

could somebody please tell me whether it is a supposed behavior?

I have two audio tracks, and I am sending audio (as a send) from the 1st track to a sidechain compressor on the 2nd audio track. However, whenever I enable "sidechain monitoring" in the compressor, the track gets muted (i.e. nothing is heard), unless I set the send amount in the 1st track to "inf".

Could somebody please help me with this?

Cheers

Hello Rokas,

Have you tried any other compressor plugins? Last year I purchased a Fairchild compressor (found some info about it on Gearslutz). iZotope posted a useful article about sidechain compression techniques.

Ralph

I’m using N-Track mobile on Android and cannot figure out how to sidechain for the life of me. Same thing it does to you, when you click monitor sidechain it mutes the audio on that track and plays what i’m trying to source the sidechain with. And don’t even get me started on how vague the user guide is…