N track Forum

Lime Green ???

Is it just me or is everyone seeing “lime green” these days on the forum?

cliff

It’s definately ‘GREEN’ of some sort. :whistle:

Hi Gentlemen:

I didn’t see that there was a thread already started regarding this new Board build…

Some versions of message boards has a “Skin” option…
Maybe this one has it…
Do you think?
Well anyway, Flavio eluded to a more secure board when the previous one got “Spammed” to death…

I don’t really mind the colour …
It’s what we get used to seeing…

and…
we’ll see how the shade of this board affects our posting attitudes…

:)
:p
:laugh:

Bill…

I went to “My Account” to see if any other skins were available - Nope just the default one. Guess I’ll buy a pair of cheap sunglasses.

O.K. Bill… I wantta see a photo of you with your shades on tomorrow morning… :) just to see who’s behind them…

I looked in the My Accounts of the Board’s preferences… There is a skin config. in there… but it looks like we don’t have any access to it… There is a Default skin there and an n-Trackblue there… as well… but both selections produce the same “Skin”…

Well, for me… anyway…

Bill…

Hang on, Bill.

That “n-Track Blue” option wasn’t there moments ago but is there now. Though, you’re right, it doesn’t seem to make any difference.

But Flavio is showing in the active users list so I suspect changes are coming.

Flavio has been up here for a while… When he gets the new skin posted he’s gonna put up a new Home Brew recipe for that Pizza he’s got ordered for dinner… :laugh:

Bill…

p.s. I’m being smart… I’m just waiting for that Rhodes Sampler and Utility (VSTi) to download… That looks pretty interesting…

Flavio’s off for dinner
and

the afternoon…

He got the n-Trackblue skin working for you guys…
Thank you Flavio…
:agree:
:p

Now all you guys let him alone…

He’s gone out for a brewskie
and a Big Mac…
He said he’s gone off pizza…
but later tonight he’s gonna have some Cole Harbour Clams and a 5 lb. Lobster…
???

My lawn is being watered by Mother Nature today… so…
it looks like I’m gonna have to cut it again before next week…

Bill…

Hey I like the Blue Skin. Thanks Flavio! :agree:

way mo betta…

cliff

:cool:

Easy on the eyes, yes.

Hi Gents:
It’s really working nice… In my opinion, that is…

BUT… I’m almost certain that there has to be an “EDIT” config. in the Settings/Preferences or whatever so the writer’s of their Posts can return and EDIT what they say any number of times after the post shows on the Topic’s Thread…

Seeing what I say on a public Message Board tends to make me Stutter… :p :)

Bill…

Quote:

BUT..
I'm almost certain that there has to be an "EDIT" config. in the Settings/Preferences or whatever so the writer's of their Posts can return and EDIT what they say any number of times after the post shows on the Topic's Thread..

There is that Edit button up on the right.

The way it worked the last few months is that you are allowed to edit your post if you try to edit it within a short time of posting it, whatever that time was. I could always edit typos (which I make a lot of), but if I came back later and found a new one I couldn't edit.

The reason for allowing edits that way, or not allowing after a time, is so folks can't go back and change the content of what they said. I've seen a few posts go up that said one thing, then later after someone raised and issue with the post it was changed to say something else, and the original poster claimed to have never said what they said. Of course, the post was edited and the person that brought up the issue was left looking foolish making a comment about a post that wasn't what it was.

Through all the political posts here I've never seen this problem on this board. It is enough of a universal problem that forum software now comes with the feature that limits editing.

The time out could be as long a a few minutes or as short as 30 seconds or so. The one I'm familiar with has a two minute timeout.

I've always been able to edit if I try immediately after posting.

THAT SAID…I was not able to edit my last post, immediately after posting. Not being able to edit “at all” seems to be a new issue with the new forum software.

I’m not done fiddling with it. Maybe it’s time to clean out the cookies and all that. Cookies were a problem that were preventing logging in for some of in that past.

Hi phoo:

Thanks for that observation…
Now, I agree with you and I see some of the why’s in not being able to go back and change what you say…
That aspect never dawn’d on me…

The ability to take back what you say never seems to get “Righted” in Cyber…
An hour from now I have the ability to change my attitude and way of thinking in “Real Time”…
That’s the part of posting up here (cyber) that makes me “Stutter”…

Bill…