N-Track or ProTools?

software question

deleted this post

By the way, if you could email your response to joel at joeljupp dot com, that would be greatly appreciated!!

Joel,

Run, don’t walk, run from this topic. In fact, I encourage you to delete it if you can.

trust me.

Cheers,
C

Try it & decide yourself. But remember Protools LE runs only on Windoze 98/ME so I wouldn’t touch it with a 10’ DAW!!!

And we have the winner with the first false info…

way to go toker!

Joel,

I emailed you so you can get the truth…

Again, run from this topic…

EDIT if Toker was referring to Pro Tools FREE, then yes it is only for Win98/ME. DO NOT BASE YOUR OPINIONS ON THAT FREE POS.

And we have the winner with the first false info...
Ahhh - I beg your pardon. What was false about the info I provided?

Check my edit.

The free is still based on Win 98.

The functioning, wonderful version 6.x of PTle is XP baby, all the way. Has been since version 5.3

I apologize for my error - I thougth Protools LE was the free version.

Clarke - are you suggesting that I purposely provide false information (or knowingly lie) because that’s the tone of your post.

No, Toker. Wasn’t aimed at you in anyway. i was simply girding for the onslaught of

"Bang for the buck! Bang for the buck!"responses and general misinformed posts on the PT subject.

Sorry to infer man.

Cheers,
c

Gotcha!

However, I do think it’s a little foolhearty to try to compare nTrack with a commercial product like ProTools LE. While it’s true, that there are many examples of shareware-like products, such as nTrack, that are actually “better” than their commercial counterparts, but of course, the reverse is also true.

IMO - it’s better to compare products that are more closely in the same “league”, i.e., same price range.

And how many people here would have used bought ProTools LE? I mean that’s why we’re here right - to save money & to support the small guy (go Flavio)!

"And how many people here would have used bought ProTools LE? I mean that’s why we’re here right - to save money & to support the small guy (go Flavio)! "

Sure, maybe so. But your response perpetuates the myth. what, in your opinion, does PT cost vs N-track?

What myth? The only price I could find for PT LE was $75 and that was for an upgrade.

the myth that PT is expensive?

Pro Tools Le IS $75.00

You go and buy a Digi001 on Ebay and you don’t have the PT software, it’s the same $75 as Ntrack is.

So then the complaint becomes:

"I HAVE to use Digi hardware"

YES! and that is why it is solid and works! The software is writen to work with their hardware, not 750 different audio interfaces.

I couldn’t find it for that price. Can you buy it w/o the MBox? It seems to sell for >$300.00

toker,

I use them both, ok? So don’t think I am here being a shill. Just trying to get the correct info out there.

Cheers,
C

Well, you can’t use it without a Digi interface.

If you want to get decent pres and an interface, what do you think it is going to cost to go another route? $300? Heck yeah!

In light of that, it’s no more expensive. And really tightly integrated

tools are tools, right?

pick it and use it.

That’s all

I use them both, ok?
So dispell the myth & enlighten us - which is "better": nTrack or ProTools LE? :D