n-Track Studio 4.1.5 Released

Questions & comments on the new features

Here’s some of the new features:
<!–QuoteBegin>

- Display of waveforms during recording

What’s the point here? It sounds like a complete waste of resources, can it be tuned off?

<!–QuoteBegin>

- More accurate waveforms at low zoom levels
- Outline waveform display option

What’s the outline waveform display option?

<!–QuoteBegin>

- “Bounce to single wave file with processing” command

Does this do what it sounds like it does? Is this like ping pong in analog recording, making a submix of multiple tracks and record that in one or more tracks? If it is, it sounds like fun to me.

<!–QuoteBegin>

- Draw volume envelopes for multiple tracks. Multiple tracks can be selected holding the Ctrl key and clicking on the track vertical name on the left edge of the track

I could upgrade just for this feature. Whoo-oo!

<!–QuoteBegin>

<!–QuoteBegin>
- Display of waveforms during recording

What’s the point here? It sounds like a complete waste of resources, can it be tuned off?

There hardly is a point imho. Just another item in the long list of things that should be turned off by default, if you ask me.
Read more opinions here
This (and more) can be turned off under View—>Waveform display.

The new “bounce” function sounds promising, but crashes n-Track every time I try to use it (build 2033).
So for bouncing you still need to go partial mixdown & re-import. Which isn’t that much extra work anyway.

Multiple track selection/envelope drawing works fine and is a cool feature indeed. :)
Quote (hansje @ Jan. 09 2006,04:51)
So for bouncing you still need to go partial mixdown & re-import. Which isn't that much extra work anyway.

It never occured to me it could be done that way, but of course, why not. Thanks for the idea.