n-Track Studio v6.1.2 Build 2812 Released

An Improvment and a Bug Fix.

n-Track Studio v6.1.2 Build 2812 Released,

Notes:
Fixed rare crash related to specific disposition of windows [Bug Fix]
Fixed navigator requiring a mouse click before the mouse wheel would work for zooming in/out [Improvement]

PACO

I just downloaded the latest and it will not run on my 32bit PC. I think I will download the older version and stick with what works.

What problem did you exactly had running n-Track 6.1.2 on your PC? Make sure you’ve downloaded the 32 bit version, not the 64 bit one, which requires a 64 bit native operating system.
Please include the text of any error message reported by n-Track or Windows.

Flavio.

I’ve just loaded b2812 on my Intel E5200 Dual Processor Vista machine… I use the 32-bit version… It loads just fine over here…
I always answer “NO” to the “Load the Previous Config” settings during the install and config/setup on my machines… This is when n-Track and the operating system “Closes” and sends Flavio a DMP File…
This time b2812 loaded and config’d just fine…

Bill…

Hi Flavio and n-Trackers:

I’ve had an opportunity to put the “SCRUB” Feature through it’s paces as I would use it,
on the XP P-4 Video Editing Desk Machine today…

This Scrub works like a charm, at least for me and this machine…
:)
:agree:

I’ve been busy spending too much time on building these '98SE P-111 machines…
:disagree:

Anyway, here’s my report on what-and-how this SCRUB Feature works for me and the P-4 / XP Machine…

When I use the keys "Shift + Left or Right Arrow Keys I get the Scrub to activate…
When I press the Left arrow key, I get the Scrub to change speed…
The first (TAP) of the left arrow keys slows the speed to (X’s .5)…
The second time I press the arrow key(s) the speed changes to (X’s .25)
AND

SO-ON …The next TAP slows the timeline to (X’s .13)
the next TAP then goes to (X’s .10)

That appears to make the timeline go as slow as I can mentally handle the timeline to move…

AND…
Does the SCRUB ever work nice, Flavio…
:laugh:

I’m gonna continue to play with the SCRUB and I’ll report back with some ideas-and-suggestions, if that’s O.K.
with you…

After the first “Play” with the SCRUB, I’d like to suggest this idea…

Could there be a way to DEFEAT the Scrub Command and to continue to “Default” by DEFAULT, I mean return to “Normal Forward Play” Mode?
BY say pressing “Shift + ESC”
or some Key to go to default from whatever point on the timeline the “Default” command, is given ?

That would mean “Over-riding” and “Defeating” the Scrub… AND…
returning to normal Play Mode…

Bill…

Hi Bill,

thanks for the suggestions. I’ll make it so that when you finish scrubbing (pressing stop) the playback speed will to return to normal.
I’ll also experiment with smaller increments/decrements of the playback speed each time the Shift+Cursor keys are pressed.

Regards,
Flavio.

Quote: (Flavio Antonioli @ Aug. 05 2011, 1:23 PM)

Hi Bill,

thanks for the suggestions. I'll make it so that when you finish scrubbing (pressing stop) the playback speed will to return to normal.
I'll also experiment with smaller increments/decrements of the playback speed each time the Shift+Cursor keys are pressed.

Regards,
Flavio.

Hi Flavio:

Thanks for the reply..
I saw you up here and I thought I'd reply to your post..
I'm still working on these '98SE Machines..
I need to get away from them so I don't damage my sanity..
???
Whatever that is or what's left..
hehe..
I'll play with the scrub as I take breaks from these machines..
The Scrub is coming along and looks pretty good..

This is just an idea..
Ibstead of fractional changes in the Scrub Speed could
( "%age ) precentage changes in the speed be easier to comtemplate ????

It doesn't appear linier in change mathematical concept..
The delta change may more be a Logrithmic Concept..
I begin to hear the change in speed at maybe 1-2% and by 10-15% the change is really noticable..

Then, the change in speed going faster than X's 1.0

At 2 X's faster that normal speed is covering a lot of ground..
However, it's a means of getting to the next "EDIT" area on the timeline..
And is nessessary..

For as much as I've worked with the Scrub so far, it's quite stable and repeatable and all..

Bill..

What does scrub do?

Hi rockin4themaster:

My description and answer to that question is…
“Scrub” gives the ability for one to locate a specific point on the timeline…
For example…
The start of a track…
The End of a track or a space between a Kick or Snare “hit” or the exact point of a peak-or-sum of a number of tracks…

The space between a Good Bass note and a Bad Bass note… I say that cause I’m a Bass Player…
Well…
:p
:laugh:

“Scrub” has the ability to scan-and-hear and preset the speed of the timeline at a pace other than the normal play speed of the song…

I’m gonna add THIS Link to my reply and then play around with n-Track’s SCRUB as it’s setup to work now…

I understand that Flavio is working away at refining the SCRUB using the keyboard to control how n-Track’s scrub works…

Bill…

In defining “Scrubing” I will use a real to reel tape as an example, but it works the same on any recording media.
Before we could look at the digital wave form to find a specific area or sound on a recording, we had to listen for the location by moving the tape slowly hand back and forth bt hNd across the sound head, a process called scrub of scrubbing until we could find the location.
If you If you have never spent a lovely afternoon looking for
a “glitch” on a 24 track recording using just scrub you are one of the lucky ones.
With the ability to see the wave form it is easier to locate the sound so that we can isolate it, but it can still take some time looking for it - particularly if you are recording a lot of information/tracks.
Now, we can localize the area of the search with a scrub and then use the wave form image to isolate the exact area. It is a much more efficient way to do something we have been doing, that will make the process easier and faster.

Hi Gents:

Back Again…

I’m playing with the Scrub and I’m observing some stable use with the scrub feature…
I rook a
Print Screen of a file on the timeline that is expanded out by some
(13 X’s)…

It’s tough to to get the feel of what I’m attempting to describe BUT anyway, here’s what the Print Screen is showing at that magnification…

Scrub at Work

This is the magnification that I would expect to use the Scrub…
However, not all the time…
BUT… this image represents an area of the timeline where the track come to a null…

With that magnification, it’s easy to see how the Delivery of the file from the hard drive shows up the “Lag”…

By pushing the “Space bar” to stop the cursor at a predetermined spot/space is not an easy task, to do…

Bill…

edit…
Thank you for removing my “Bluenose Accent” from my description of what the “Scrub” means to me…

Hi Flavio:

That Scrub works better every time I open up n-Track and play with it…

This response is how the Intel E-5200 Vista Machine reacts to the SCRUB Command…

For me and the way I use it…
The shift + Arrow keys
< >
I use them first to set the Scrub Speed, paying attention to the “Adjust Playback Speed” toolbar image…
Then, I use the shift + Space bar Keys

to set the direction of the File/Track that is displayed on the Timeline…

Shift + Space bar = Reverse Direction

Shift + Space bar (AGAIN) = Forward Direction

Then, to return to normal direction and PLAYBACK SPEED I PRESS THE “Space bar” key to stop the Cursor scan on the timeline and then re-press the Space bar key to return to normal Timeline Scan and “Forward Motion” OR Default of the timeline…
If the "Forward Motion or Default of the timeline could be commanded “On-The-Fly” without stopping the Timeline scan, that would be the correct over-ride of the SCRUB Feature…
SO

Whatever combination of Keyboard Keys to return the Timeline to “Default”
“on-the-fly”
will resolve the SCRUB Feature

Thank You Flavio…
Don’t be messing with it and screwing it up…
Your code is working good…
SO Far SO Good…

Bill…

Thanks