n-Track Tuner for Android

We’ve just released n-Track Tuner for Android

Check it out on Google Play

It’s a nice little app, please leave a positive review on Google Play if you find the app useful!

Flavio.

glad to see you are writing extentions to other OS than i-os.

is there any plans in the future for midi implementation on portable operating systems?

there are quite a few midi apps out there for Palms and iphones/pads but they are very limited in their a approach to program changes, such an app would be a godsend to musicians on the go.

dontcare :cool:

Gday, new here, hey I recently downloaded this app onto my s2 and am finding sometimes it works well but at other times is very much inaccurate, I have been a muso for over 30 years and usually just use a e fork to give me a base to tune by ear, but thought that i would give this a try…sometimes it is seriously way off…have you had others speak of this???

have you tried raising or lowering the amplitude?

it’s default looks like ±30db, but I can imagine you might need another setting for bass.

dontcare
:cool:

I am tuning a 6 string Maton, the guitar is their top of the range Messiah and does not wonder far enough away for the need,
What I am saying is say I am tuning the A string in standard tuning and it is just just just flat sometimes it reads it as I am hearing it…but then I can use it another day with the exact same issue and it will tell me that it is in D, now please understand I have a good ear and their is a mile of difference between A and D…

sure I could set to +/-45 or wider but that does not change what I am speaking of…as I am stating sometimes it is great and very handy if your out and about and some fella hands you his out of tune guitar and I don’t have my E fork in my pocket, but when I hear A and it hears D and I double and triple check I can see clearly that the fault is the app…I like how sensitive it is when it works properly, but 50 % of the time it is way way off

Sure you don’t know me from a bar of soap sure, but mate seriously, I even showed it to another muso with years of experience who know guitar and he saw the same issue I am speaking of

any ideas what else it could be…the phone is fine, it seems very strange to me that sometimes it is very accurate and then other times is so way off it is crazy

sorry I don’t own any fancy gizmo’s to try and test them, I just tune my E string to my inner resonance. oooooohm… and the rest off of that (it’s better if a guitar is in tune with itself than each string in tune with concert pitch IMHO)

my best shot was the amplitude as different frequencies tend to respond better to different db settings (in theory), afterall the mic does have to process the sound, perhaps there is a volume setting you can mess with there.

the only time I experience problems tuning is when the strings are old/dirty, no gizmo is going to save me from that.
:laugh:

other than that the app is free, “you get what you pay for” comes to mind.

dontcare
:cool:

Don’t get me wrong, I really appreciate your response :D
I dunno, maybe I should try a reinstall, but am honestly unimpressed
I have n Track for my PC for quite a while and although I have really only just started really trying to learn and record recently I love n-Track but this app…hmmm I will try a reinstall I think and might try it on another phone just to make sure but if it keeps playing up I will go to googleplay and be honest about what it is like for me…seems fair

I def don’t get you wrong and appreciate you candidness.

IF the app is not working properly this would be the best place to report it.

dontcare :cool:

I have never felt the need for electronic tuners :) and I hear what ya saying mate…was just wondering if anyone else had come across the same issue ya know…I play all the time and have many stringed instruments…and I am extremely fussy on strings…I change strings every 3 weeks on what ever instruments I have been playing…wipe always when used…nothing worse than crappy strings…I have to laugh though…your right man…ya get what ya pay for :peace:

Quote: (undeadtrev @ Nov. 07 2012, 7:48 AM)

I am tuning a 6 string Maton, the guitar is their top of the range Messiah and does not wonder far enough away for the need,
What I am saying is say I am tuning the A string in standard tuning and it is just just just flat sometimes it reads it as I am hearing it...but then I can use it another day with the exact same issue and it will tell me that it is in D, now please understand I have a good ear and their is a mile of difference between A and D...

sure I could set to +/-45 or wider but that does not change what I am speaking of...as I am stating sometimes it is great and very handy if your out and about and some fella hands you his out of tune guitar and I don't have my E fork in my pocket, but when I hear A and it hears D and I double and triple check I can see clearly that the fault is the app...I like how sensitive it is when it works properly, but 50 % of the time it is way way off

Sure you don't know me from a bar of soap sure, but mate seriously, I even showed it to another muso with years of experience who know guitar and he saw the same issue I am speaking of

any ideas what else it could be...the phone is fine, it seems very strange to me that sometimes it is very accurate and then other times is so way off it is crazy

Hi undeadtrev,

what sometimes happens is that the tuner picks up a multiple of the note frequency, so in some cases (depending on the guitar and on the room you're in) it reports E instead of A, E being the 3rd harmonic of the A of the octave below, i.e. A = 110, E=330 hz. You can still trust the tuning bars, i.e. if the 3rd harmonic is in tune so will be the 1st harmonic, i.e. the A.

We are working on making the tuning algorithm more solid, we expect to release a new version in a couple of weeks (for both Android and iOS) which will fix the problem.

Flavio.

Thank you for your response, I hear what your saying…and will keep an eye out for future updates…I tried to be real careful about getting a clear tone thinking along the lines you speak of but to no avail ???