n-Track v6.1.2 Beta Build 2801 Released

A New Feature and a Bug Fix.

n-Track v6.1.2 Beta Build 2801 Released

Notes:
Fixed rare crashes docking and undocking windows [Bug Fix]
Alt+Spacebar shortcut to reverse playback direction [New Feature]

PACO

Hi Gents:

The “Docking” at config. time has improved 99.9% … Maybe Better…
:agree:
:agree:
Thank You Flavio…

The “Keyboard Scrub” Feature is great… Thank you again, Flavio…

It may take some practice to improve the way to best utilize the keyboard command… I notice the Green
“Track Volume” line appears on the Track when the “ALT” key is pressed…
I hope that it doesn’t create an issue somewhere else on the Keyboard Command…
????

Something else that you might consider, in adding to the Scrub…

In a “Drop Down” menu, it would be nice to see a selectable menu to adjust the “Default Scrub Speed” at config. Time…
e.g.

The menu could have speeds ranging from .125, .250, .375, .500, .625, .750, .875, .1.00, 1.125, 1.250, 1.375, 1.500, 1.625, 1.750, 1.875, 2.000 speeds…
OR
Open a dialogue box to type in the reduced-or-changed speed for the User’s Scrub Speed… This feature could-and-should also apply to the “Mouse Control” up on the Timeline Margin, as well…

Bill…

[EDIT]
I’ll post up an image of what n-Track’s Desk looks like when I open the application on the editing machine… It’s an old Intel P-4 machine that has XP installed on it…

Back Again:

Leave it to me Gents…
Flavio, I found
some combination the “Locked up” Vista and b2801 on this Dual Core E-5200 machine…
The issue didn’t send a Dump file to Flavio…
However it began, I am unable to recall what combination of “Alt and Space bar” commands I gave before the computer stopped responding…

Here is a print screen of n-Track’s Desk when the setup stopped working…

Now, I don’t think the computer stopped working… If it did I wouldn’t have been able to get a print screen of the issue…

I’ll need to p[lay with the setup a bit more to see if I can recreate the issue…

Bill…

Back Again:

I’m working on this “Scrub Issue”… I am mastering it’s keyboard use…
I think…

Anyway, here’s a working print screen of the n-Track Desk after using the new “Scrub” feature…

b2801 Learning Scrub

The “Docking” works fine, except…
The level controls (Master-and-Track) don’t seem to be able to be “Re-sized” to fit the height of the timeline…
It should look like the height of the record meter…
IMO, that is…
Maybe, it’s fine, just the way it is…

Anyway-and-Again…
I have some more ideas as to the way the Key board “Scrub” works…

As you can see, I have the track highlighted to “Loop” when the timeline reaches the end of the track…

Here comes the suggestion(s)…

When the “Scrub” feature is used …
It would be nice to have the “Scrub” automatically “Re-Hi-lite” the length of the “Scrub” to LOOP the “Scrub Area” until the “Scrub”
is removed…
Then the “Loop” returns to the preselected “Loop” area…

This means, a Second Level-or-Tear Two Level of “Loop”… OR possibly even more levels of “Loop”…
OR…
as much as the RAM can be adjusted to accommodate…

Of course, this is just an idea I have going…

Bill…