Needing hel with my mic!

I tried to run a search, but the results weren’t any good (or I’m just blind).

I’m trying to record with basic sony mic, but the recordings are very silent (don’t know the exact word, sorry my english).
I can hardly hear 'em. Is there a mic boost option in this new n-tack? My soundcard has its own, but it’s quite poor and doesn’t help much.

Thanks

Konsta.

And the word should be ‘‘help’’ on the topic :D

are you sure you’re plugged into the right input? have you selected the input you’re plugged into in the windows mixer?

and perhaps instead of the word “silent” you mean “quiet” :)

chuck

You are connecting your mic to the “mic-in” of your soundcard?
Has you tryed the “normalize” option?

Quote (marce @ Feb. 06 2006,14:57)
Has you tryed the "normalize" option?

but you shouldn't have to normalize everything; you should be able to get a good loud signal straight in.

why don't you give us some more detail? what mic are you using exactly? what kind of soundcard? what part of the soundcard are you plugging the mic into? and so forth...

chuck
Quote (aikan @ Feb. 06 2006,14:59)
Quote (marce @ Feb. 06 2006,14:57)
Has you tryed the "normalize" option?

but you shouldn't have to normalize everything; you should be able to get a good loud signal straight in.

why don't you give us some more detail? what mic are you using exactly? what kind of soundcard? what part of the soundcard are you plugging the mic into? and so forth...

chuck

It`s true. if he normalize probably he will found a lot of noise... that will trigger in him the question why so much noise... ;)

I would not try to find the “normalize” button, not use it yet…it might help, but? You need to tell us where you are plugging into, where the signal is going (sound card, computer inputs? etc)…where it it is coming out of(sound card,or computer output?).
Really sounds like a problem with your signal chain.

Think this is more complicated than that.
Need more info.

Thanks,
Chiller