New addition to the family

SWEET! Just flip over to get either Les Paul sounds or Strat sounds! What’s it weigh though… looks like it’d be awkward on a strap? :laugh:

Seriously… what’s the extra switches? Phase switches… coil splitters… details man! Details! How does it sound?

D

PS Hey PW! We have the same computer desk in our “studios”…

Switches? It’s got switches!? - I just got it! heckifIknow what them things are for - I found the one that made the most noise and superglued 'em.

Haven’t looked on the net yet to see what it is - it’s an X230 - all I know - 70’s LP copy.

http://www.rivercityamps.com/electra/x230.php

wow - Thanks phoo! I didn’t know it was that old - probably had the original strings on it.
:agree:

I told my son I needed a Les Paul for a tune I was workin’ on and he said a buddy had given him a LP copy I could have. I doubt if it had ever been cranked up. 'Bout time one of those you hear about comes along to be played. I may have to put my Strats up for a bit… NOT!

Quote: (Poppa Willis @ Oct. 30 2008, 8:51 PM)

wow - Thanks phoo! I didn't know it was that old - probably had the original strings on it.
:agree:

I told my son I needed a Les Paul for a tune I was workin' on and he said a buddy had given him a LP copy I could have. I doubt if it had ever been cranked up. 'Bout time one of those you hear about comes along to be played. I may have to put my Strats up for a bit................ NOT!

Once you go Pauls, Strats will only make you Bawl! :whistle:

Came with Gibson headstock only in '76, musta been a lawyer involved somewhere!
Quote:

Came with Gibson headstock only in '76, musta been a lawyer involved somewhere!

You know it Yaz. It reminds me a bit of my old Ibanez Lawsuit Les Paul I had a few years ago. From "stage" distance you could not tell it wasn't a Gibby. Sweet, sweet guitar... It really came to life when I dropped some DiMarzio pickups in it sort of highlighting one area Ibanez cut corners to keep the cost down. Wish I hadn't traded it off...

D

she’s beautiful Pops, you must be very proud :)

Ange x

Hey Ange! good to see you girlfriend! :laugh:

I’ll spoil her just like my grand kids!

I wouldn’t mind having my pauls back, but strait stays. In fact I would have them reversed in PW’s pic. Paul in the back Strait up front!
Congratulations PW! :laugh:
Here is one for Spreader Craig :laugh: Self Tuning
Auto tuning guitars? Recording software with lanes? What is the music world comming to? Hang in there PW.

I went to that link phoo generously posted and the memories came back. I remember seeing the ads in the magazines for the amazing guitars with the built-in effects. Same Electra brand. I have some old Electra branded FX pedals throwing about somewhere. I think I had/have a chorus pedal and a phase shifter with their name on 'em. Decent little units but got tired of them. shrug

"Memories… from the cobwebs of my mind… Hazy, dusty memories…" What?

D

Oh man. That’s sooo nice.

I’m not allowed any more new toys at the moment having been out of work for the whole summer (working now but wifey says we have to save for Christmas and should be prepared to repay the kindness and help folks have paid to us over the last few months).

I did buy a really cheap (like
£15 - $30us) mandolin on ebay back at the start of the summer. Now that’s a fun instrument to play. I just keep slipping into Rory Gallagher tunes… and then Paul McCartney…

With the economic times and the way the markets are-and-all, now is the time to have some cash and blow it on material things for your music toys…
There’s no tell’in what you might find out there…

With the way things are going…
Who knows… ????
I may even be able to heat my home, this winter season…

Gas at-the-pumps has broken 1.00 CND a liter…
That’s 3.66 a liter…
Most of it is Taxes…
Sorry, I’m not a popular boy when I rant about the prices of fuel, around here… But…
Heating our homes is not a luxury over here…
Heating fuel is around 0.080 a liter…
I burn about 4.73 liters per hour…
when it gets cold…

It makes it tough to spend money on materials for the new studio…
:p
:laugh:

Bill…