AND…

Those mics… :)

Just great…
:agree:
There’s gotta be a story behind it…
How did you acquire it ????

I have three of them…
I had them since the mid '60’s…
I believe the load impedance of them are 150 ohms… They load great into those Northern Electric tube preamps…

Bill…

Closest I can come to 150 is 500 on the UA LA610. But I think the Presonus preamp can get pretty low. I’m gonna try it!

Story behind the mic? Nah, not really, except that it is in pristine condition. I have a bunch of old EV mics, and I love them all. But this one has “the sound” for guitar, at least the sound I was looking for. Close to the Big Star sound from their first two records. :agree:

Gonna get me one.

Hi TomS:

Is that the actual mic????
OR…
is that a photo you found…
If it’s the actual mic, it looks like it has never been used…
I bought one brand new… I think I paid $150.00 for it, back then… I bought two used ones… I think I paid 50.00 each, for them…

Bill…

No, that’s just a picture, but mine is similarly mint. :D Traded a lunch for it. Why is it that lots of vintage design blow away lots of new stuff?

One thing about it that might be helping me a lot - apparently, it has a built in HP filter. Just discovered that. Folks over at gear slutz and tapeop use these for exactly what I did, 70s guitar sounds. Also for trashy OH and room mics with lots of compression (since they are omni). I’m going to rustle up a second so I have a pair. :agree:

Heh - if you are even cheaper than I am, it turns out that once again there is a PL version of the mic that goes for even less on Ebay. But if you guys are planning on bidding on one, let me know, so we don’t compete for the same mic. :laugh:

:laugh: