new music site?

anybody know of this?

http://iacmusic.com/

OK GET THIS: they offer a mastering service…It says they will convert your song to hi-fi (OK so a robot masters your tracks!!!)

ALSO- for $20 an “expert” will review your song…

Can anybody see why I’m a little skeptical?..

This is Independent Artists Company. They sent me an email from my myspace page. It has a lot of features like SoundClick, but so far not sure if they do things as well as SC. Just got a page setup (my same old tracks on my SC page) but wondering if anyone else knew about this site, any cautions, anything I should know about them? They do allow upload of any bitrate mp3 for free, that’s kind of a plus. Well it’s free… I’m open minded but I wanted to get the full scoop from you guys before I upload any other stuff.

oh yeah, also their forum is like a total mess. anyway, curious if you guys already knew about this site.

My old brain doesn’t follow what they are doing. :)

After checking it out further I have reached a verdict:
It stinks
first, the sound of your mp3 (even at 320 bitrate)will be muddy and bassy.
second you only get two songs on a site for free.
No pics, colors etc.
:disagree:
The only thing I can imagine is if you’re a networking freak and you have to be on every site on the web…

It just means that SC is still king.

Quote: (nixon1972 @ Aug. 17 2008, 12:53 PM)

After checking it out further I have reached a verdict:
It stinks
first, the sound of your mp3 (even at 320 bitrate)will be muddy and bassy.
second you only get two songs on a site for free.
No pics, colors etc.
:disagree:
The only thing I can imagine is if you're a networking freak and you have to be on every site on the web..

It just means that SC is still king.

Yep, another Wanna Be Soundclick web site! They've gotta along way to go Nix. Sound quality was awful.

!looc era sretsacelet tub heaY :laugh:

!elur yehT ,looc ylno ton era s’eleT

:hgual: :hgual: :hgual:

Thats cheap. I’ve seen ad’s in mags for $400+ per song.

Paco

Hey Paco, you’re talking about the mastering offer? See, that makes me wonder what kind of a money making racket this is…Like you upload your mp3’s and they sound crappy and so you say, “gee, maybe I need them mastered so that they’ll sound better,” and then you sign up for their service and they run it through a software program that just basically levels the eq and they charge you $20. A big bait and switch if you ask me. I haven’t been back there but I still have the idea it’s a site for networking freaks or people who haven’t heard of soundclick.