New skin

Hi y’all!

I’ve made a new skin for those of you that are interested. The rest of you: Stop reading NOW!

It all started long ago when Flavio changed the Mute symbol from “M” to a speaker that I personally never could come to terms with. It lights when the track is muted. Ok; there are some “waves” that disappears but I still get confused every time concerning which tracks that are muted and which that aren’t.

So when Flavio at my request made it possible to change it I simply put the good old “M” back again…

…and then I ended up changing a whole lot of stuff and made it “my way”…

New:

Transport controls
Live button
Slider knobs
Mute symbol
Zoom symbols (the arrows)
Preferences symbol
Open symbol
Track effects symbol
Master and aux effects symbols in toolbar
Mixer stripe selection symbols
Timeline background
Splash screen

It looks like this:

I’d really also like to have it possible to have different colors for the slider knobs of Master, Aux, Group and Instrument section in mixer but unfortenately that’s not possible …yet. I’ve asked Flavio and he said he’d look into it in a future build. But that was quite a while ago so I suppose he has more important issues with n-Track.

Feel free to download it from the skins section.

Regards,

F.

this is definately a nicely done Skin. I think you might consider renaming it on the skin download page so more folks would know aht they could acquire.
question: the little buttons that control Mono/Off/Stereo - I can not tell one form the other (well, the off is a circle with a line through it) but which is red - which is green?
can you help with that as well? (see, no good deed goes unpunished)
thanks, good work, it’s a great skin!
Bax

I’m not at my DAW right now, but is there a special place to download skins from? Or can you only access the location from inside n-tracks?

Skins page

Skins

Yaz

That’s cool, Fytrius.

Uh…I have a stupid question…how long have these various skins been available?
how did I miss this?
???

Also why does it say you’ve only made one post ever, Yaz?

Couldn’t log in, couldn’t get anything to reset here, so I deleted my account and started over Tom, and yes the skins page has been there since I up-graded to v5 atleast. I played around with change the skin on my version, got it so screwed up I had to reset to default tho, LOL.

Yaz

Thank you Bax and TomS!

Bax wrote:

Quote:

I think you might consider renaming it on the skin download page so more folks would know aht they could acquire.

I’m not sure what you mean here. Why renaming?

Quote:

question: the little buttons that control Mono/Off/Stereo - I can not tell one form the other (well, the off is a circle with a line through it) but which is red - which is green?
can you help with that as well? (see, no good deed goes unpunished)

There is really no “Off” among those buttons if I’m not mistaken. With those “buttons” you can expand a mono track to stereo (same as in track properties), and with a stereo track you can choose just left channel (green), right channel (red) or sum left and right channel to mono (circle with line through it) before sending the channel to master (or group). I think it is fairly understandable symbols as it is once you know this. Or have I misunderstood you?

Regards,

F.

What I neant was that you have gone to the trouble to actually change the Mute button label (not sure how you did that) and some other things that I didn’t know could be changed. Thinking about it, I don’t know what you could name it that would let folks know. anyhow, I like it a lot!
As to the Mono/Stereo buttons - Yea, I guess if you know that red means right and green means left - I didn’t. I thought green meant Stereo "ON and Red neant “OFF.” So, maybe it’s not all that clear - to me anyway. So, what is the "default’ position? The Circle with the line through it?

You may be right here. As much as there possible is should of course be “self explanatory” and those symbols maybe in need of improvment. I will think about it if I make a “version 2” when Flavio make it possible to have per-channel fader colors as mentioned above.

Or you can try for your self. The file is called Ntrack4.bmp and can be found under Ntrack studio 5\Skins\Skin name in your Application data folder. Just use some image manipulation program.

Defalt is the “dimmed” two circles for a stereo track (one dimmed circle for a mono).

Fytris (or anyone else who knows)
I have been stumbling around trying to “customize” a skin based on yours.
My problem is I cannot locate the setting that controls the “left bar element” - where the name of the track is displayed as a part of the wave display screen.
The gray with black writing is hard for me to see and I’d like to make that text match to the way you have the time line displayed - gray background with white text - or at least lighten the background so tha the black text show better.
Would you be kind enough to point me in the right direction for this?
Thanks,
Bax

Bax!

The fact is that I would also like to replace the black color but it is to my knowledge not possible to do that. Flavio hasn’t (yet?) made n-track totally skinnable. Certain things are locked the way they are.

I don’t find it too hard to see the track names though. Maybe you could adjust your monitor brightness and contrast settings? An alternative would be to change “Main UI background” (the grey in my skin) to a brighter value. (That is done directly from n-Track Settings/Skins - but you probably know this already…)

Edit: I would probably have made the skin even darker if it hadn’t been for the fact that some of the black text aren’t changeable…