new song for me, too.

God good, you guys call yourselves jackals?

I haven’t had a chance to listen to the song, so I’m in a much better position to criticize it than these weenies who are apparently blown away by your talent.

Personally, I think the gutiar sound rots because you didn’t use real catgut (obviously), the bass doesn’t sound anything like a mechanic working on an old Buick, and it’s full of every disco cliche in the book, except the good ones, which is my first impression having not yet listened to it.

So, I just wanted to put in my 2 cents worth.

Edit: OK, now I have listened to it, forget everything I just typed.
When do we get to buy CDs with your stuff so I don’t have to put up with crappy mp3s anymore?
I’m telling you, the stuff I listen to in the car these days is almost all from this board, including all your stuff.

Edit edit: Jeez, all you guys posting new things? Now I gotta go listen to more? :agree:

I like all the layering. Sounds great!

cd burner still busted. more worried about paying rent on woker’s comp right now.
the bass is going to sound slight in the verse because a) the chorus has a bass guitar and a subtle subbass keyboard part and b) the verses only have a piano and acoustic guitar. that level of contrast was definitely intentional.

the infamous guitar at the end–i wholeheartedly agree. i remixed it, but what i really should’ve done was rehash the whole part, figure out what i was doing, and lay it down again. here, though, you can see what NOT being a soloist does and how ad-libbing wanders far off after a few bars. of course, if i tried to do it now, who knows what would happen, what with all the pain, vicodin, steroids and muscle relaxers going on. I literally picked out 2 distinct moons out the window not 15 minutes ago. time to go reload the drugs and try yo get some toss’n’turn shuteye. night.

:) Hmmmmm? Two moons over Utah! There's definitely a song in that title!
Hope your feeling better tomorrow Jason.