New Song I did last night

no lyrics or title yet for this. Did it in about 4 hours.

Danny Milligan

Anthem!

No doubt!!!

Thank you, peeps
:;):
???

Okay, since I posted this, I wrote and recorded lyrics to this, and the link follows. I’m sorry if the website is slow, it’s free, but I’m about ready to just break down and pay for a website, this one is down more than it’s up :(

Danny Milligan - Faces In Your Mirror

FACES IN YOUR MIRROR
Lies and deceptions, they hide your expression
they feed you, you need to disguise your obsession
cold and misleading, your victims lie bleeding
betrayed and denied, still they line up for the feeding

Lies and deceptions, they hide your expression
they feed you, you need to disguise your obsession
When you wake, does the inner ache of your frozen heart deny you
breathless in your reckless rage, put on the face that hides you

Tonight, you’re gonna live the lie, you’re gonna make them cry (and cry)
Tonight, you’re gonna get your taste, while you’re making faces in your mirror

Cold and misleading, your victims lie bleeding
betrayed and denied, still they line up for the feeding
When you dream, do you hear the screams of all the ones who’ve met you
Do you pray that they’ll find a way, and someday they’ll forget you

Tonight, you’re gonna make your mark, while you break some hearts
Tonight, your heart is gonna race, when you see our faces in your mirror

(solo)

see our faces in your mirror, Tonight…

I’m not 100% pleased with the end results, but then again, I never am LOL!

Okay, made slight changes to the song, and much happier with end result. I took the lead vocals off the Piano parts, since they tended to sound disjointed, and I removed the reverb from all the lead vocal parts…

Danny Milligan - Faces In Your Mirror

:laugh:

First off can i say I’m assuming this is where forum members post there songs for critical assessment? if i’m wrong & its just where we slap each other on the back & say well done, can someonre please let me know immediately because i dont want to offend anyone!

I felt that was a really strong song Danny, it was well constructed & all the parts fitted together & it held my attention to the end.
your obviously not confident about yourvocals but burying them in the mix is a mistake i feel becaus eyou’ve got a good melody & strong lyrics there. Maybe double track them if you think theyre weak.
the rhythm guitar sounded fuzzy & wasnt clear, I would have eqd it so it cut through more.
Also more drum fills would have helped. I liked the solo but like the rhythm guitar it got a bit lost in the mix, maybe too many effects?
This is not me picking holes in it, i’m just trying to offer an objectiv viewpoint.
I thought it was quite impressive, well done!

TinaM

Danny. Yup! There’s something very enjoyable about this track - it kept me tuned to the end, too.

Thanks for the input, folks. I don’t know what it is, but I seem to have trouble with mixing vocals in with the rest of the song. Perhaps it is simply because so few of my songs seem to fit my singing style, but I just never quite get anything I’m satisfied with out of it, lol. For example, some years ago I recorded a cover of “Everything I Own”,and it seemed to fit perfect, even though I used nothing but an eq on my voice. Other songs, it seems that no matter what I do, the vocals sound like crap. I suspect that other ppl could probably sing the same song and do a marvelous job, so I won’t worry about it too much. For that reason, I save master files of every song I do, without vocals, in the event someone else wants to work with them…

Tina, as far as the disappearing parts in the mix, I suspect that my vocals drowned a great deal of it out, as well as the Compression I had to use on the track to keep it from clipping. If you look at the first post, the original track without vocals is there, and the guitars are clear in that…