New Song

Comments Please!

I’m not very prolific, but manage to get a new tune recorded every 3-4 months. I played all instruments here. I’m fairly happy with the mix, and thought I’d get your comments on the music before I ruin the tune with my vocals. The vocal melody would really make this music bed nice.

Anyone know of a good female vocalist who’d like to do some work?

Anyway, let me know what you think. Thanks!

http://users.adelphia.net/~elesser/music/driving.mp3

Cool tune. Would like to hear a vocal track.
Very contemporary sound. :)

Ok, here’s my 2c:

I like the tune. Lots of nice nooks and crannies to dress up with vocals. I think it’s an interesting piece. I’m not sure if it’s because this is an mp3, but I’d like to hear a little more seperation of the instruments. Everything sounds kinda “all in one place” and maybe a tad bit too much reverb.

Questions: Do you already have lyrics? What do you want a female vocalist to do - lead, backgrounds, accents or all of the above?

I had glitches in the stream where it sounded like the mix went mono. I never coment on these since I can’t tell whether it’s the mix or mp3.

If you need a “great female vocalist” mfl is your lady! :D

Thanks for the comments!

mfl - I do have lyrics, vocal melody, and harmony parts all written. Just need a singer. What’s your style? Rumor from Yaz is that you are a pro. :)

If I could pick any vocalist to sing this, someone like Shirley Manson would be tops.

I can do just about any sound, but I’m not familiar with Shirley Manson. Point me to where I can listen to her. If you have some vocals done, no matter how rough, send me the file if you can. PM me.

Oh Yaaaaazzzzz! You say the NICEST things!

Now Melody, I’m not a nice person, JUST TRUTHFUL! :D

(mfl @ Aug. 02 2007,21:03)
I can do just about any sound, but I'm not familiar with Shirley Manson. Point me to where I can listen to her. If you have some vocals done, no matter how rough, send me the file if you can. PM me.

Oh Yaaaaazzzzz! You say the NICEST things!

mfl - Here's a clip of the vocal style I heard for this song.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=vIaKbjq9hpQ

Most of the song is in a higher register, really at the top of my range.

Darkfriend, send me the lyrics… as long as they’re not about eating babies or making love to Satan… Now when you say: “most of the song is in a higher register…” do you mean higher than the clip you provided? Also, I’m going to need to hear what you want; phrasing, melody and what not. So you’ll either have to send me a file, or call me and sing it to me over the phone. Where are you? I’m working on a new song this weekend for a CD I’m trying to put out by summer’s end or thereabouts, but I’ll have some time in betwixt to work on yours. Let’s rock.

mfl - I will send you a note through this forum and get your email so I can send you the goods. I’ve got everything together.

Can you point me to links to hear your stuff? I’m curious as to your style.

Let’s rock indeed!

Go to the link below. Click on ‘all 28 songs’ and listen to ‘Simplicity’ then ‘Goodbye’. I think between a blend of these two is close to the vocal sound I think you want??? It will at least give you an idea of my range and ability to vary in vocal style. I sent you a private message with my email address.

http://www.broadjam.com/mellowdelicious

Sounds great.

The guitar harmonies are nice, but maybe a little back in the mix? I think the rest of the mix is perfect - nice fat snare sound!

Dan